Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Nitro Boats
 Miss Vegas is out >

Miss Vegas is out

Notices
Speed - RC Nitro Boats For all your rc nitro fuel burning boating needs.

Miss Vegas is out

Old 01-30-2006, 10:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Miss Elam is out

i know its a matter of personal taste on the whole scale, not scale thing, but from that short video thay had it looked like it plained well and went pretty fast, and thats what matters to me.
Old 01-31-2006, 12:07 AM

Received 130 Likes on 123 Posts

Eyekandy, if scale looks are important to you, you can forget the Pro Boat Bud/Llumar as well. These boats are "standoff scale", not the advertised 1/12th scale. If they WERE actual "scale" boats, they would be 29.5 inches long, instead of the 27. They also WOULD NOT have the "tiplets" at the rear. The actual boats NEVER RAN with the present cockpit configuration and tiplets. The Llumar also never ran with the big turbine exhaust shown on the model, nor did the Bud with this cockpit configuration. I happen to KNOW THIS since both boats were based in the Seattle area, which is where I also live. I've also spent many hours at the Miss Budweiser Shop taking with Dave Villwock and getting specs from the the T-3, 5 and 6 Bud hulls.
Old 04-04-2006, 06:58 PM
My Feedback: (1)

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

Here's an update from another forum site, good news and bad news from a rep with Hobbico/Aquacraft:

Hi all,
The AquaCraft .18 hydro will no longer be called the "Miss Elam". The Ellstrom's gave some sort of deal with Horizon (I'm guessing it has to do with money) to use their name on a their miss bud hull AFTER they gave us permission to use their U-16 Miss Elam trim scheme.

When we started this project, we received a signed letter from the Ellstrom's to use their name on our model boat. This was back in 2004. From that time till end of 05', we developed the hull, new O.S. engine, flex/strut drive, rudder assembly, fuel tank and easy access radio box that seals up well and everything else that goes along with an RTR.

From that time till Jan. 2006, we called and sent them letters with updates, sent them copies of our box art, (Oct. 2005) and graphics sheet and instruction manual. They not once informed us they were working on a deal with Horizon which had to be taking place in the fall/winter 05'.

They claim our "agreement" is no longer valid because we did not come out with ours in 2004, even though there is no "expiration" date or "valid till" date on the letter. In light of this, you will see "Officially License" Miss Elam advertised heavily from Horizon in the near future. I'll give you 2 guesses who is heading that up, but you will only need 1......

Long story short; It is not worth a fight, even though we could and would win it, to pursue and advertise their name on our hydro. They lost out in receiving free advertising from us for a long time; besides, they already got some of it by waiting until AFTER we announced it to the market.

So, what we are doing is creating a new name, new and better trim scheme, new box art and going to offer our hydro in four (4) different colors~!
We will have;
Orange/white hull (will be available first)
Yellow hull with white wing
ALL "RED" hull
and of course a white hull......
Each model will have a very cool looking graphics sheet, one of the best trim schemes we have created. You will see it in a few weeks on www.aquacraftmodels.com

So, instead of just one hull, now we will have a great combination of 4 to pick from, if you know what I mean

Things always happen for a reason and now we have even a better hydro. What till you see the option parts

You all are great on here and thought you deserved to know before anybody else for what is going on.

Thanks for your patience, have fun~!

Russ

From looking between the lines you can see that someone was in bad need of putting a new look on their current hydro as they lost one of theirs due to that racing team losing their sponsorship. What happened was underhanded.
Old 04-04-2006, 07:34 PM
My Feedback: (12)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

And now I'll add my two cents...

The Aquacraft guys, Mike Zaborowski and Wayne George brought one of these with them to the CMB Tunnel Championships. I got a chance to look it over and it's sweet! The hull is well made, sturdy, but light. Hardware looks good, Mike couldn't say enough about how impressed he was with the way it runs. Unfortunately, they "left" the transmitter home, so we didn't get a chance to see it run. They probably would have sold several if they had brought some with them.
Old 04-05-2006, 08:47 AM

so if you own a Hobbico/Aquacraft Miss Elam keep it in the box it will be a collectors item [>:]
Old 04-05-2006, 09:04 AM

In the end you will have a more colors to choose from instead of the orange and white scheme but was looking forward to seeing some orange boats. If the engine is upgraded to a .21 for Sport 20 racing, the rules state that it is favorable if you have some kind of sponsor on it, real or imagined so this opens up even more possibilities.
Those of you that have been around R/C boats for a while will remember when MRP also had Bud boats in Cat, OB tunnel and electric hydro versions.
I'm still waiting to see when Aquacraft is coming out with the other colors that they were supposed to use that showed up on the "IROC" tunnels used at the NAMBA Nat's and IMPBA Internat's.
In the meantime, they will be known as the Sport 18. I'm looking forward to seeing one on Friday and yes, I'll have pictures.
Old 04-05-2006, 10:24 AM

ORIGINAL: 330T

so if you own a Hobbico/Aquacraft Miss Elam keep it in the box it will be a collectors item [>:]
I don't think any got out. []
Old 04-05-2006, 10:47 AM

it did not take long for Horizon to repaint

Horizon Miss Elam
Old 04-05-2006, 11:13 AM

Desparate measures.............
I think that we need to have a shoot-out between these two, I know which one my money would be on.
I can hardly wait to see all of the complaints that are going to come through with the Tiger Drive starter. Unless Sullivan has done a lot to improve it, there will be problems.
Old 04-05-2006, 12:10 PM

Not really a fair comparison, one is running a .18 the other is running a .15…

[&:]
Old 04-05-2006, 12:29 PM

Not really a fair comparison, one is running a .18 the other is running a .15…
True, however, they're at the same price point and aimed at the same market, so in reality, a shootout would be a very fair comparison, from the consumer perspective.
Old 04-05-2006, 12:38 PM

So far, there hasn't been a whole lot of anything going on that I would consider fair and on top of that is going to confuse the boaters even more. Now there will be the ProBoat Miss Elam and the Aquacraft Miss Elam. See how this is going to be especially with new boaters? What a mess.............
Old 04-05-2006, 12:43 PM

All the more reason for a shootout, to make it clear which is the one to choose!
Old 04-05-2006, 01:23 PM

ORIGINAL: piper_chuck
True, however, they're at the same price point and aimed at the same market, so in reality, a shootout would be a very fair comparison, from the consumer perspective.
very true, no doubt the "Sport 18" will be the better boat. Though i like the marketing idea releasing a yellow (Miss Llumar), Red (Miss Bud), Orange (Miss Elam), as with all of the other colors.

Someone such as my self, could easily go out get images and print them to decals and clear coat over it making it a “sponsored boat”

hell maybe i'll get a set of graphic together and start selling them[sm=thumbup.gif]
Old 04-05-2006, 02:54 PM

Someone such as my self, could easily go out get images and print them to decals and clear coat over it making it a “sponsored boat”

hell maybe i'll get a set of graphic together and start selling them[sm=thumbup.gif]
And a business is born! Of course once you get big enough to be caught on their radar screen, you'll be shut down. []
Old 04-06-2006, 07:29 AM

being shut down is not the scarry part, its getting thown in jail, or sued for everything i dont have
Old 04-06-2006, 10:00 AM

Received 130 Likes on 123 Posts

Gee, I wonder how much Dave Villwock had to do with the Horizon deal? Seems kind of strange that he went to Elam and now Horizon has too
Any guesses how long it will be till the 1/8th Elam will come out? I'll bet it will even have the tiplets, even though the big boat never did[:@]
Old 04-06-2006, 10:20 AM

I'm guessing not long as it's surprisingnthat they already have done a gas version of the LLumar. They'll be at the Toledo show and so will I tomorrow.
It's been no secret that I never have been a fan of ProBoat and now this latest stunt has really taken the cake.[:@][:'(]
Remember, these are MY opinions and not those of this site.
Old 04-22-2006, 11:34 AM

does anyone know where to get info on the elam i didnt see anything on aquacraftmodels.com. anyone interested in a proboat miss bud
Old 04-22-2006, 11:55 AM

You won't see anything until the changes are made.
Old 04-22-2006, 08:10 PM

hey Ron has do you know if any prop changes will help the miss bud?
Old 04-22-2006, 08:24 PM

The Octura X-435 and 535 are a few to try.
Old 04-24-2006, 12:56 AM

thanx Ron il give them a try
Old 05-05-2006, 04:44 PM

An update is what's happening.
This weekend the boat will be shown at RCX and Jerry Dunlap himself will be running it on their indoor pond if it has enough room. Coincidentally, the pond is right across from the Horizon Hobby booth!
Yes, things ought to be interesting...............

Oops, I almost forgot, you might want to see a shot of the Miss Las Vegas (it's new name).
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
Rp44838.jpg (8.2 KB, 8 views)
Old 05-05-2006, 04:48 PM

sweet deal !
be sure to take picturs of the boat !
lol and the faces of people there !

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.