Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Nitro Boats
 Miss Vegas is out >

Miss Vegas is out

Notices
Speed - RC Nitro Boats For all your rc nitro fuel burning boating needs.

Miss Vegas is out

Old 06-02-2006, 03:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Miss Elam is out

I think it is the same story every were. he just told me that i dont know if he is going by what someone is telling him or what. when the vegas first got relesed tower had them in all colors, i dont know if that was a mistake or what. i wrote him a e-mail to open the boxes and see for sure cuz i was not sure my self.

also is tower still dueing the $20 off and free shipping?
Old 06-02-2006, 04:00 PM
My Feedback: (2)

another attempt to link to a uploaded video. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EbnIYULhB6I
Old 06-02-2006, 05:07 PM
My Feedback: (12)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: redneckUSCG
also is tower still doing the $20 off and free shipping?
Join the super saver club and you can get the boat for $269.99 and free shipping. Plus the current discount is $25 off a $199 order. That's quite a bit of boat for $245!
Old 06-02-2006, 05:25 PM

thats waht i did now hoping i get the correct colors.
I called and they said i would??
Old 06-02-2006, 05:27 PM

would the sanding method using 600-800 grit paper help on say a nitro hammer ??
Old 06-02-2006, 09:21 PM

i just bought a miss vegas. woohooo.

i traded a man at a hobby shop in valdeeze alaska, a e-flight cessna 182 rtf with my charger and radio for the vegas new in box never been opened. now my cheif is pissed off cuz my boats are taking up room in the ship. hahahahaha. cant say where im going next (opsec, all u ex military people know what im talking about) so hopfully i will get to run it soon.
Old 06-02-2006, 10:02 PM

ORIGINAL: t munn

they "assured "me at tower hobby when I ordered this week was, one was red and one was yellow now i am confused.

Russ,
You said they would not be available until later but when i called tower they said they just got some in.

I "emphaticlly" told the customer rep i did not want a ornge and white one and she said her supervisor said " a few red one and a few yellow ones came in".

will I get a surprise at the post office??

Unless something arrived and got by me, I am really sure you are going to get an orange/white hull. I hope I'm wrong, but I don't think so......
There has been some confusion with the part numbers. The orange/white hulls we have were put in under all four colors when the conversion from the old to new took place, so it appears we have the white, red and yellow hulls.
Sorry for the confusion, will try to get this lined out next week. This is not Towers fault, it was a purchasing snaffu that I was unable to catch in time because I was over-seas.....

Have fun,
Rw
Aqu
Old 06-02-2006, 10:08 PM

It will help any hull. Be sure to do the entire bottom from front to back. Don't do just the back half. I did that and the hull starting hooking really bad because the front half was catching more drag because it was not sanded. I then sanded the entire bottom, and everything was fine.

Also put the Miss Vegas engine in my Nitro Hammer, man, is that fun!

ORIGINAL: t munn

would the sanding method using 600-800 grit paper help on say a nitro hammer ??
Old 06-04-2006, 06:09 PM

i have two llumars with the os .18 and i bought the miss vegas and this thing is terrible!!!!!!!!!!!!! it handles bad flips over and cavitates most of the time. you can run my llumars wide open and turn in both directions and will not flip over. the llumars have more speed also. maybe i dont have it adjusted right but i have moved the turn fin, drive shaft and the rear wing and the boat is too loose.

I NEED SOME HELP OR ADVICE OR IS ANYONE MIGHT WANT TO BUY IT?
Old 06-04-2006, 07:21 PM

Sorry to hear your unhappy with it starfish. I have changed most every adjustable part on my vegas with nothing making it handle worse than my llumar does except for the fact that if you give left input it might get a little wild. One thing I noticed is that you need the boat running straight, any left rudder trim and that makes it a little wild. As far as cavitation maybe you have a bum prob. I set mine to what jd said or close to anyway back a little in this thread. Mine is close to an inch to the middle of the strut shaft housing straight down from the tansom, I have just a little positive angle also. Have you checked to make sure that your rudder and strut are mounted square with the boat? Nothing I have ever done to it made it handle loose like my lumar does. Mine can cut through wakes no problem, run in windy choopy conditions, handle stuff my os 18 pwered llumar has fits with. Not saying yours does or you are lieing or anything but whatever is causing your problem should be fixable and it will spank your llumars in a race. Ive got some more info on some work that should be checked on over in my llumar/vegas newbie opinion thread.
Old 06-04-2006, 10:59 PM
My Feedback: (1)

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

Russ, maybe you ought to come out with a Nitro Hammer 18!
Old 06-04-2006, 11:22 PM

Starfish,

You have a PM

JD
AquaCraft Models
Old 06-05-2006, 07:32 PM

check those motor mount to the wood block screws, be carefull not to overtighten and strip them though. Also check how you muffler is mounted. Details in the llumar/vegas newbie thread with pics to explain.
Old 06-06-2006, 08:52 AM

babflyer,

how about a list of the mods or recommendations that you have already done to your vegas that would help the other owners out.
Put them on one new post and we can all learn from them.

perhaps something we can check,change or correct while the boaut is new and clean.

example

1)check and seal tank if needed.
2)re-adjust pipe if header and pipe are touching.
3)check motor mount screws.

etc..
Old 06-07-2006, 12:44 PM

Jerry and Russ, please reply to the PM's that I sent both of you last night/early this morning. Russ, talk to Mike to see what he says as I got the go-ahead from the Admin's if you are interested or not. I won't say anything publicly until it happens if it does. Chuck is also aware of what I had in mind.
Old 06-07-2006, 01:37 PM

Ron, you have a PM.

ORIGINAL: Ron Olson

Jerry and Russ, please reply to the PM's that I sent both of you last night/early this morning. Russ, talk to Mike to see what he says as I got the go-ahead from the Admin's if you are interested or not. I won't say anything publicly until it happens if it does. Chuck is also aware of what I had in mind.
Old 06-07-2006, 10:40 PM

Russ, got it, thanks. You've got another one!
Old 06-08-2006, 04:02 PM

man theres some top secret stuff going on up in here. i think u all should sharthe secret. dont worry if the government can trust me u can!!!!!..... hahahaha.

tell me how u guys like the vegas all shined up with the wings off
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Qo39098.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	38.4 KB
ID:	474433  
Old 06-08-2006, 04:12 PM

I removed the horizontal stab from my O.S. 21 powered Miss Vegas. How's the boat running for you up there?

JD
AquaCraft Models
Old 06-08-2006, 04:17 PM

i love this boat to death it is the best trade i ever made. i have never hade a boat or any rc model that was easy to maintain and worked right. and holy crap this thing is fast by the way. the first time i run it with the os .18cvx i was shocked. the boat got out of the way in a hurry.

by the way im not sopose to talk about it but i will be home friday so i will be out and running about seattle this weekend.

(the boat broke and had to come home early) i hope to run with you guys some time.
Old 06-08-2006, 04:25 PM

Wait a minute, a USCG boat that's supposed to be available to assist other boats has mechanical problems? Hmmm, has the extended warranty expired?

JD
Old 06-08-2006, 04:49 PM

yea the warranty expired about 50 years ago, and its bad broke. it gonna be 4 crankshafts and turbos. that means more time to race and play
Old 06-26-2006, 09:31 PM

Got my Misss Vegas yesterday and run 2 tanks of fuel through using the stock prop. Then today sharpened and balanced the octura y535 and run it What a difference and runs very nice now. Had some cavation problems using the stock prop and any weed at all that come in contack with the prop would cause it to cavitate.
I consider my self just a average driver and have had no problems with the turn fin although once did see the left sponsen lift up a couple of inches so was careful with my steering after that. The boat started on the first pull and as rich as I'm running still have no problems getting it on plane using the y535 prop. Did loose the small knurled nut on one of the wing bolts so will have to replace it but for a out of the box rtr this is a nice running boat. When I get the motor broke in will do some speed runs with the radar gun to see what it will do on the pond I run on which is always smooth with almost no chop and its also right out my back door. It belongs to the neighbor but he enjoys seeing the boats running on it. Its nice to be able to buy something and have it perform better than it has been advertised. Jerry