Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Nitro Boats
Reload this Page >

another fuel question

Notices
Speed - RC Nitro Boats For all your rc nitro fuel burning boating needs.

another fuel question

Old 02-01-2006, 01:29 AM
skymortar

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default another fuel question

.67 kb.what are the reccomendations on fuel mix,brand or deals.thanks.hey ron olson,whats up with kalamazoo?i heard if you graduate high school they pay for your college education.as soon as i have a kid im gonna be your neighbor.lol
Old 02-01-2006, 07:01 PM
Ron Olson
My Feedback: (1)

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts
Default RE: another fuel question

Run any good brand of boat fuel with 18-20% mix of castor and synthetic. The K&B will take a lot of nitro but 45-50% will do you fine.

They picked a lousy time to bring out the Kalamazoo Promise, my son graduated last June. It's going to make a huge impact on the whole city. Now we only have to get some good teachers!
When I walked into my sons classrooms and saw that the teachers can't even spell words that kids learn in Elementary school, it scares me.
Old 02-02-2006, 09:37 AM
Square Nozzle
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Don't restrict yourself to "Boat Fuel". Fuel is fuel with variations in the oil package and nitro percentage. Depending on your intended use (racing or screwin around) standard old 10 to 15 % nitro with oil percentage in the 18 - 20 % region (synthetic and castor oil mix) should do just fine. If you want to race and have deep pockets, step up to 30% or more nitro. I run 60% in my Mac powered Wild thing and 30% in my K&B powered .21 Hydro. Fuel to suit the engine. The Mac loves nitro and the K&B doesn't know the difference.
Old 02-02-2006, 10:55 AM
piper_chuck
My Feedback: (12)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you haven't already, you might want to contact some of the local IMPBA members. They should have a better (less $) source of fuel than your local hobby shop. There are several clubs in your area. http://www.impba12.com