Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Nitro Boats
Reload this Page >

miss bud straight to flex shaft conversion?

Notices
Speed - RC Nitro Boats For all your rc nitro fuel burning boating needs.

miss bud straight to flex shaft conversion?

Old 02-07-2006, 01:48 PM
frodus
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default miss bud straight to flex shaft conversion?

Hey guys, I just got a 1/12 Proboat Miss Bud in a trade, but the hull was damaged in shipping (it was insured, so i can replace the hull. The thing is, i read that the performance is a little better with the flex shaft than the straight shaft. Is this true?

Should I order a replacement hull with the flex shaft? and what would be needed to convert. I have all the parts from the original hull, and would like to know the differences, and can't find the manuals to compare.

Also, The hull is not damaged much, just one of the front sponsons is crushed in about 1/2 inch or less and i don't know how to fix fiberglass that well. I don't know if its worth fixing when I could get a new one to mess around with. I mean, maybe i should sell it damaged, and get the money, and the insurance and get something brand new...

Thanks
travis
Old 02-07-2006, 03:21 PM
t_hedlund
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: miss bud straight to flex shaft conversion?

Well , yes the flex shaft MB are better than the straight shaft boats but if you have to pay for the hull it is about $130-$150 and i think that is why a lot of people don't do the converstion. I think you will need the strut and flex shaft. I'm not sure about the collet , i would guess you will need that too. Also i believe that the rudder is on the oppiste side of the prop so you will need to disassemble the assy and assemble it to work on the other side.
Do a search on this board there is a ton of info on that boat. Here is a good starting place.
[link=http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_2799689/anchors_2799689/mpage_1/key_miss%252Cbud/anchor/tm.htm#2799689]great post here!!![/link]
Hope it helps
Tom
Old 02-07-2006, 03:43 PM
frodus

thanks for the tips

yeah, i know the hull is a bit to replace, but its damaged and i'm getting money for it. Not sure if i should just sell what i got, and get insurance money on it and get a new one, or build it up from another newer flex hull....

decisions decisions...
Old 02-07-2006, 04:23 PM
330T

they dont sell any miss bud boats anymore so ebay is the only place to come up with one. If you ordered a new hull it would be the miss llumar you would need flex shaft, strut, prop shaft, and accompanying parts.

Its in your best interest to convert it. If its damaged file a clam with UPS, FedEx or who ever for the full replacement cost, after all when ordering the boat it’s a single part number :-D
Old 02-08-2006, 05:16 AM
t_hedlund
My Feedback: (1)

yeah a lot of decisions, not to make it even harder on you but a lot of people are saying that the new [link=http://www.aquacraftmodels.com/boats/hcab33-main.html]miss elam [/link] is a lot better boat than the bud/llumar. I like my Miss Bud ( being converted to a Miss Elam picture later). but i have yet to run the aquacrafts new boat.
Old 02-08-2006, 06:57 PM
frodus

i'll figure it out when i get the money from UPS...

i might just keep it as a project or sell the hull to someone that wants it... we'll see