Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Nitro Boats
Reload this Page >

Please allow me to introduce myself... (Rolling Stones)

Notices
Speed - RC Nitro Boats For all your rc nitro fuel burning boating needs.

Please allow me to introduce myself... (Rolling Stones)

Old 02-09-2006, 12:14 AM
LawlessMan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Please allow me to introduce myself... (Rolling Stones)

Hello All you nitro sniffing freaks! I would like to introduce myself. My name is Fred Howe, aka LawlessMan, and I just joined this forum. Mark Scott (OB NUT) told me about it when he posted pictures of my new Gas drive in the Gas forum, and I decided to join. Some of you may recognize my username from the international waters forums. I've been a member there for a couple years, but never knew about this group (Shame on me). If you don't already know me, I am the guy that makes the Lawless outboard drives, the Strongarm Flexshafts, and a few other things for nitro outbaords. I plan on participating in discussions, asking a lot of questions, and occasionally offering an opinion. I will also answer questions about Lawless products, their use, care, repair, or anything else related to them. If you have a specific question, you can e-mail me at [email protected], or phone me at 607-687-0143. Phone calls are cordially answered between the hours of 9:00 a.m. and 10:00 p.m. Eastern time, seven days a week. If you call and get the answering machine, leave a message and I will call back. Meanwhile, I will just drop in and read the posts regularly and toss in my 2 cents from time to time.
Fred
Old 02-09-2006, 01:10 AM
ob nut
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: Please allow me to introduce myself... (Rolling Stones)

Hi Fred, glad ya made it out here... Can't wait to see my new toys from ya!
Old 02-09-2006, 08:11 AM
jdoug

Pleased to meet you. Won't you guess my name?
Old 02-09-2006, 01:15 PM
ob nut

ORIGINAL: wake wacker J
That's too easy.. Jul
Old 02-09-2006, 03:53 PM
pinky_d_brain

Welcome
You seam to no a lot about out board motors do you or anyone no the scaled down power of a motor?
Like if the full size boat is 8'-0" long and 4'-0" wide and is running a 35hp out board and you are making a boat that is 16" long and 8"wide from the same design what power would you look for in a nitro powered motor to make it to scale. 1 to 6 is the scale so that would make the motor 5.6hp [X(]!!! I’m thinking a .21 most boats with a .21 are around 30" long I no but the hull is designed for over hp motor the only limit to the hull is weight witch I have calculated to be about 5Lb (hull + controls and fuel + motor = 5Lb max) for a 16"x8" boat any ideas.
An actual chart would be nice for all the builders out there for motor size to boat size, I no it changes for different hull design but a ruff round about figure for a copal different hulls would be nice it would cut down on all the new builder Questions a bit and maybe add some other info as well I would create one but I don’t have the exp to do that yet I just no what I have read here and dun with real boats.
Anyway if anyone can help with the hp prob I would riley appreciate it
Old 02-09-2006, 07:08 PM
wave waker

ORIGINAL: ob nut

ORIGINAL: wake wacker J
That's too easy.. Jul

hehe! Mark u have to look very carefully..we got almost the same username here...did i tell u got TS2 for my back-up?

Lawlessman, i'll PM u about outdrive for 7.5 Rossi engine, i'm looking one?

Old 02-09-2006, 10:32 PM
ob nut

ORIGINAL: wave waker
hehe! Mark u have to look very carefully..we got almost the same username here...

did i tell u got TS2 for my back-up?
Ok, now I'm embarrassed [sm=drowning.gif]

Yea, think you did.. I've got one also if you can believe that.. [sm=pirate.gif] Figured I need to try a boat that I didn't build! Now just need to get a K&B SS to put on the back end to run sport class..
Old 02-10-2006, 08:22 AM
jdoug

OK...it makes more sense to me now that I couldn't figure out what you were saying. ...thought I was someone else? hehe

wave waker...we do have a similar name. I got my name because my first boat has a Homelite weed wacker that wacks the wakes and not the weeds.