Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Nitro Boats
Reload this Page >

Guys need help with my hammer

Notices
Speed - RC Nitro Boats For all your rc nitro fuel burning boating needs.

Guys need help with my hammer

Old 02-12-2006, 01:59 PM
lnc0321

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Guys need help with my hammer

After weeks of putting my surface drive on my hammer, I tested it today. My steering was really bad it was really hard to control and when I punched it full speed it will spinout. It also turns more to one side that the other. I checked my steering settings and they look fine. Here are some PICS of my boat and setup. Please guys help. I spend a lot of time and money to improve my boat and it is frustrating that is not working how is suppose to.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Us53921.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	53.1 KB
ID:	406821   Click image for larger version

Name:	Kf13782.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	77.1 KB
ID:	406822   Click image for larger version

Name:	Hm22680.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	58.1 KB
ID:	406823  
Old 02-12-2006, 02:54 PM
RS 38-40
My Feedback: (3)

Default RE: Guys need help with my hammer

You may be getting some flex or twist in your rudder bracket . Its quite thin and hangs out a long ways .
Old 02-12-2006, 05:10 PM
ejp67
My Feedback: (5)

Ok. Its been a while so I can't remember everything. I would it with out the turn fins or just one on the right side. The angle on the drive looks a little low also. Try pulling th prop out of the water. I also had ride pads on mine. When I put my .21 in the boat it ripped them off. I tryed running without them and it made it spin out and nose dive.
Old 02-12-2006, 07:04 PM
wave waker

ORIGINAL: lnc0321

After weeks of putting my surface drive on my hammer, I tested it today. My steering was really bad it was really hard to control and when I punched it full speed it will spinout. It also turns more to one side that the other. I checked my steering settings and they look fine. Here are some PICS of my boat and setup. Please guys help. I spend a lot of time and money to improve my boat and it is frustrating that is not working how is suppose to.
Inc0321,

sounds like u need to adjust ur trim tab, looks like ur still using the stock trim tabs, time to toss it out, and make a little bigger one to be able to handle the new behavior of ur boat.
Old 02-13-2006, 08:30 AM
lnc0321

Thank you guys for the fast response. I will be trying all ur sugestions this weekend and let u know how it goes. I will also be putting new trim tabs. Ill keep u guys updated. Again thank u
Old 02-13-2006, 08:25 PM
lnc0321

Hey guys today i try my hammer without trim tabs and i moved the drive up like u told me ejp and it turn really good. I guess that was it. It is still a bit hard to drive but is because i dont have any trimtabs. Tomorrow I will be installing my fullers trimtabs. Again thank u guys for all ur help. Ill take pics with trimtabs and keep u guys updated.
Old 02-13-2006, 10:49 PM
wave waker

Good to hear that ur able to figure it up.....i'm jealous u can run ur hammer...mine in hibernation,,pond is icy..actually i'm doin mods takin' off the stock radio box..can't wait to test run...

Name:	Us52840.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	92.9 KB
ID:	407758  
Old 02-15-2006, 02:25 PM
lnc0321

Hey guys I finish putting my tabs so ill be testing it maybe this weekend to see how it goes. Wave waker how is ur radiobox removal coming out? I did the same thing but I need to put something on my servos b/c one of them already got water damaged. I my purchase, I think is called aeroplate something that Ron posted in another thread. It prevents ur electronics from getting water damaged.

Name:	Wu62293.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	52.5 KB
ID:	408697   Click image for larger version

Name:	Tp46056.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	45.6 KB
ID:	408698  
Old 02-15-2006, 11:31 PM
wave waker

what kind of trim tab is that? and also the measurements?..my trim tab right now is made from tin can,LOL..thinkin' of upgrading my trim tabs and rudder..
well hammer is still in rest, this is what i'm busy a flying hydro boat so i can still run in an icy pond,,miss runnin' hammer though..

Name:	Ca82229.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	52.4 KB
ID:	409092   Click image for larger version

Name:	Dy80559.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	119.3 KB
ID:	409093  
Old 02-19-2006, 02:08 PM
lnc0321

Hey guys today I ran my hammer and it was fun. I love the rooster it makes is awesome. The only problem that I had was still it spins out a bit. When I try to turn it spins out it is sort of hard to control. Does anybody has any advice on how to fixed this problem. Maybe ride pads or move the tabs down or something like that. Please help

Wave waker does are Fullers adjustable trim tabs
Old 02-19-2006, 09:05 PM
wave waker

ORIGINAL: lnc0321

Hey guys today I ran my hammer and it was fun. I love the rooster it makes is awesome. The only problem that I had was still it spins out a bit. When I try to turn it spins out it is sort of hard to control. Does anybody has any advice on how to fixed this problem. Maybe ride pads or move the tabs down or something like that. Please help

Wave waker does are Fullers adjustable trim tabs

does ur trim tabs has a vertical fin? this thing prevents spin out, the way it looked from ur last post doesn't show this turn fins only the horizontal which control porpoising... let us know..

btw, i did maiden run of my hydro and hit sharp ice [:@]made a hole in the spoonson and broken prop after it dunk..but it's all right it happened to titanic how much more to my boat...[:-]
Old 02-22-2006, 11:16 AM
dadyo39
My Feedback: (2)

Looks like you need turn fins. There is no opposing force on your rudder when you turn. that is why it is spinnig out.