Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Nitro Boats
Reload this Page >

Hopper tank pics please..........

Notices
Speed - RC Nitro Boats For all your rc nitro fuel burning boating needs.

Hopper tank pics please..........

Old 02-16-2006, 03:34 PM
johcap2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hopper tank pics please..........

I am debating on putting a hopper tank in my tunnel hull but I am not sure of the placement of the throttle and steering cables if I put the tank in. If anyone has any pics of their tunnel hull with a hopper tank installed I would greatly appreciate it. I have an idea but would like to see a few pics as possible options. Thanks
John
Old 02-16-2006, 06:33 PM
Ron Olson
My Feedback: (1)

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts
Default RE: Hopper tank pics please..........

It took some digging but I found some. This is the Irwin tank that I was telling you about. In thefirst shot it is being used as a flex cable oil pump tank but still gives you pretty much the same idea as to mounting.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
Xv64414.jpg (8.1 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg
Jf11740.jpg (3.0 KB, 8 views)
Old 02-16-2006, 06:44 PM
ob nut

Here's a couple of shots of the setup on my Dumas Sprint:

Custom made kevlar holder:

Nice tight fit under the cowl:
Old 02-16-2006, 07:15 PM
johcap2

NICE PICTURES......I don't think I am going to have as much room as it looks like you have. I have a Lap Cat II and the cowling comes down lower in the back. I might be able to get a 1 oz tank to fit but I could run in to a problem wit my steering and throttle cables. I don't have the steering rods like you do and my throttle cable moves around a good bit because on the back of the cowling being low. Your rig looks great and I will use it to my advantage to try and come up with something that will work for me. I might have to rework the steering and throttle to get it to work. Will just have to wait and see. What size tank is that? My local hobby shop has a 1 oz Sullivan tank and a 2 oz Dubos tank. I persoanlly like the idea of the 1 oz Sullivan. Also tell me if you would about the advantages of using the hopper tank. I assume its for better fuel flow. I had problems in the past at full throttle of the motor shutting down from what seemed like lack of fuel so I hope the tank would resolve that. Also do you know if I will have to adjust the carb after adding the tank due to change in fuel flow????? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
John
Old 02-16-2006, 07:24 PM
ob nut

Do believe that tank is a Sullivan 1oz. It used to sit directly on top of the 6oz main tank. The holder now gives it a bit of more height to it. Use of a hopper is to give constant flow to the carb. The neddle should not need to be adjusted after adding a hopper. This setup is being replaced with a Grimracer 7oz fuel cell...
Old 02-16-2006, 08:22 PM
johcap2

Thanks for all the info. I'm sure I can put it to good use. Hopefully I will get some more pics from someone to give me a few more ideas.
Thanks again,
John