Notices
Speed - RC Nitro Boats For all your rc nitro fuel burning boating needs.

cant decide

Old 02-19-2006, 08:18 AM
ZX1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default cant decide

witch is better shockwave36 or a wild thing i cant decide thanks
Old 02-19-2006, 10:49 AM
Ron Olson
My Feedback: (1)

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts
Default RE: cant decide

Well, you're going to have to tell us which Wild Thing that you're talking about as there are several boats with the same name. In any case you are comparing apples to oranges as the SW 36 is a RTF boat and one Wild Thing is a hull kit from AC Model Boats and another is built from plans plus I think that there is at least one more boat with the WT label.
You'd think that after a while the manufacturers would come up with some more original names. There are a bunch of Eagle's, Hawk's plus other boats named after predatory birds and poisonous spiders.
Old 02-19-2006, 12:18 PM
ZX1

thanks ron the wild thing is based on john finch designe its made of plan
i have a shockwave at the moment but am concerned what if i crack the hull
then i cant get another one . so i am thinking of getting the wild thing as a back
up boat i will trancfer most of the hard ware to the wild thing as it just comes with
the hull and i can get more at very reasonable prices i am very new at boating and will
most likley crack the hull during my learning stages
Old 02-19-2006, 12:28 PM
Ron Olson

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

The John Finch Wild Thing is a great handling boat when properly built. I have a .12 version and 2 of my racing and messin' around buddies have the .21 versions.
Old 02-19-2006, 12:52 PM
ZX1

great thanks for your help i dont know what version it is its smaller than the shockwave
Old 02-19-2006, 03:47 PM
Square Nozzle

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Another vote for the Wild Thing that John Finch designed. Mine is fast and handles like it's on a rail. An easy build also.
Old 02-20-2006, 03:51 AM
martno1fan

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

wild thing !!!,rons right lots of boats called wild thing im building a 36 inch wild thing(not really but nearly identical ).easy boats to build and way better than the rtf boats in my opinion ,much stronger for starters.
Old 02-20-2006, 11:50 AM
pinky_d_brain

I would build the WT there is nothing like making something your self you will have a lot of help here as well with the build many of the people on here have built them I think there are two being built rite now check it out ether way good luck
Old 02-20-2006, 12:39 PM
ZX1

OK thanks guys you made your point its gotta be WT ill use the shockwave is a learning boat the wild thing i am getting has just the hull and two pieces of wood for the engine mount other wise its empty inside and its sprayed white when i am ready then i think i will need a lot of help such as stuffing box and what motor [ over here i can only get os or dynamite 32s ] i like the dynamite it seems tough thanks again for all the info i will get WT tomorrow [ and hide it from the wife ]