Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Nitro Boats
Reload this Page >

LOOK!! FREE PLANS!!!

Notices
Speed - RC Nitro Boats For all your rc nitro fuel burning boating needs.

LOOK!! FREE PLANS!!!

Old 03-01-2006, 09:08 PM
Hirns

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LOOK!! FREE PLANS!!!

Many people are asking for free plans (including myself). Here is a link http://new.intlwaters.com/freeplans.htm where I found after a lot of searching which include those of the deep vee Matty C is building. They are not very detailed (only looked at the gas mono) in the fact that they don't specify material or balance point etc. I agree with the point raised by others in regards to ownership, as these are on a seperate site shouldn't be such an issue. However, I'm very surprised with some of my R.C plane books which often included numerous plans, but not once have in the 15 plus books on r/c boats have I ever come across included a plan, if you know of some I'd love to here. In addition many plane magazines include free plans, surely some boat magazines would include plans that could be scanned for everyone??

Perhaps it has just become a sad state of affairs where people simply buy ready built, evident by the demise of balsa kits and companies like Dumas seem near nonexistent when it comes to boats.

Hirns
Old 10-16-2006, 06:01 PM
rickburnout666

Default RE: LOOK!! FREE PLANS!!!

Hi i looked at your link and downloaded a few, the one i realy am after is Walter Geens Cat Hull but when i go to download it i just get a lot of numbers not sure why ?? i`m new to computer downloads and computers, Can you or anybody help
Thanx Rick
Old 10-16-2006, 06:21 PM
martno1fan

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

theyre only in it to make money!! they dont like to give any free plans away they would rather sell you a hull made from glass .when was the last time you got a plan with your rtr boat or hull? yep hardly ever if ever.unlike planes where you get the full plan when you buy the kit!!.unfortunately self build boats are very rare in the fast gas or nitro boats.when i say build i mean as in you build the whole thing not just install an engine and a rudder etc!!.its eems boat designers arent willing to share theyre plans with us unlike the plane designers.
Old 10-16-2006, 06:25 PM
unclecrash

ORIGINAL: Hirns

Many people are asking for free plans (including myself). Here is a link http://new.intlwaters.com/freeplans.htm where I found after a lot of searching which include those of the deep vee Matty C is building. They are not very detailed (only looked at the gas mono) in the fact that they don't specify material or balance point etc. I agree with the point raised by others in regards to ownership, as these are on a seperate site shouldn't be such an issue. However, I'm very surprised with some of my R.C plane books which often included numerous plans, but not once have in the 15 plus books on r/c boats have I ever come across included a plan, if you know of some I'd love to here. In addition many plane magazines include free plans, surely some boat magazines would include plans that could be scanned for everyone??

Perhaps it has just become a sad state of affairs where people simply buy ready built, evident by the demise of balsa kits and companies like Dumas seem near nonexistent when it comes to boats.

Hirns
Us scratch builders are a dying breed just like with the planes. Its nice to see people still wanting to build there self. I get more satisfaction out of a plane or a boat I put together myself.
Old 10-16-2006, 06:30 PM
rickburnout666

is any body else having trouble trying to get the, Walter Geens Cat Hull plans, someone give it a try let me know whats going on???
Old 10-16-2006, 06:39 PM
oneFASTcat

i have them
Old 10-16-2006, 06:41 PM
rickburnout666

i hope they are better than the black n white ones that i have just recieved many times!
Thanx everybody
Rick
Old 10-16-2006, 06:42 PM
oneFASTcat

never mind then sorry to waste your time.[:@]
Old 10-16-2006, 06:47 PM
rickburnout666

No not wasting my time , i am new to building from scratch,I always had ready to float boats but i have got alot of stuff off ebay and want to put it all to good use,and i need a detailed plan to follow i have a good deep vee plan just after a good cat
Thanx Rick
Old 10-16-2006, 07:06 PM
gooycheese

ummm this sight should be able to supply what you need to view the files you cant view. http://www.download.com/3120-20-0.ht...2BGo%2521%252B
Old 10-17-2006, 12:46 AM
Ron Olson
My Feedback: (1)

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

Most of those are done in .dwg files so you'll need one of the above downloads. The BAW (Bored At Work) boats were done by one of my fun running buddies, Wade Swatzell who does CAD work for the Big 3 for a living.
I personally can't blame people for wanting to make a coupe of bucks off their designs as it does take a lot of work and expensive computer programs to get them to paper or on the internet. The program that Wade uses costs $5,000.00, it's a good thing that it didn't come out of his pocket. A designer can make or break his reputation by making just one bad set of plans.