Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Nitro Boats
Reload this Page >

Want good beginner boat

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Nitro Boats For all your rc nitro fuel burning boating needs.

Want good beginner boat

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2006, 02:22 PM
Jeremy1976

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Want good beginner boat

I am looking for a good beginner boat that still has some good speed. I was told the dolphine formula sucks and I was also looking at the Miss Budweiser 1/12th scale. What are your thoughts on that? Thanks, Jeremy
Old 03-10-2006, 03:41 PM
330T

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Want good beginner boat

people here will bash the Miss Bud / Miss Llumar. I own a miss llumar, the ONLY mod i did was to add a Y535 prop $15, a radio fail safe $20 and i removed the stock power switch and put on a waterproof boot instead $4.

I ran the boat all last year Never had a problem starting it, It would run Flawless all day and was a joy to run.

It does have a bit of a cavatation issue, if you let it come off plane and try to get it going sometimes it sits and spins but I've never found it to be that much of an issue. People have reported using a newer prop and that seems to fix the cavatation issue.

All and all I enjoy the boat as a "sport" boat its not going to light the water on fire, it will require some word after each run, cleaning, checking over screws, ext.

If you go into it knowing that Nitro boats can be fickle, its a fun boat to run.

there is a new hydro out that reported to be a upgrade to the miss bud called the Miss Elam (or something close) check it out..

I have read good things about the ShockWave 36
I have also read good things about the ThunderCat 31

Also available but know nothing about Grey Thunder, and Aqua Jet both have a .16 motor.
Old 03-10-2006, 05:30 PM
Ron Olson
My Feedback: (1)

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts
Default RE: Want good beginner boat

As far as the ProBoat hydro's go, they really aren't a good boat for a first-time boater. The Miss Elam is due out any day now although it isn't on Hobbico/Aquacraft's web site at the moment. Reports are that for a hydro, it is better in many ways than the Miss Bud/LLumar.
The Aqua Jet isn't a bad buy but like all "beginner" boats, it has its good and bad points. The Aquacrat Nitro Hammer is also worth a look at.
If you want to spend the money, I've heard that the Aeromarine Mean Machine 18 is finally out on the market. It is pricy but you are getting a lot of quality parts in the price, not a lot of iffy pieces that may not make it through the first time on the water.