Notices
Speed - RC Nitro Boats For all your rc nitro fuel burning boating needs.

Boat Noobie

Old 03-23-2006, 01:57 AM
ILIKE3D

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Boat Noobie

Hey Guy i think its due time i get into boats as well. I fly planes and Helis i also race and bash anything and everything but still no boats [>:] Soo what i am looking for is a good nitro boat RTR thats not going to break the bank but a good boat not something that is going to give me a head ache. Thanks guys
Old 03-23-2006, 09:24 AM
Square Nozzle
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Boat Noobie

If you are into airplanes and heli's then you do not want a ready to run toy boat unless you are looking for a sleepy afternoon. If you are able to build, I'd suggest you start with a Wild Thing with a competition quality engine like a CMB, Rossi or MAC 21. If you are just into ARFs and can't build or don't want to, then look at some of the fiberglass hulls that are out there. No building required, just assembly. You should be able to find a fiberglass mono for a .21 on up to a big gas powered vee hull with a Zenoah 26 for power. Your choice. Notice that I did not suggest a hydro at this point in your boating life. A hydro requires some expertise to get it running properly and is not a good subject for a beginning boater.

My background - been flying RC for 35+ years and racing RC boats for about the same time, so I do have a solid background to help you onto the right path.
Old 03-23-2006, 09:31 AM
Nitro Kid
My Feedback: (9)

The Nitro Hammer is A very good RTR. http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...I=LXMPH0**&P=7
For some reason, the pics were taken off. I have pics of mine in my gallery.

OR there is the nitro vee. I've heard it was under-powered.
http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...I=LXJD79**&P=7
Old 03-23-2006, 02:12 PM
ob nut
My Feedback: (1)

Are others running boats in the area? What type of boats are they? What is the basic water condition, as this will weight on the choices you can look at. Always looking for competition, keep to the same style of boats currently running. Calm waters will allow all boats to run. My favorites are of course tunnels. There are some inexpensive TS2 out on Ebay. They are great tunnels and easy to setup. A new (non-ebay) setup would be over $500, so how deep is the ole wallet? Choppy water and you'll want to stick with a deep-v. As John suggests, the Wild Thing is a great Deep-v to start with. Fast and nimble that boat is..