Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Nitro Boats For all your rc nitro fuel burning boating needs.

tiger drive

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2006, 04:19 PM
Jesus C

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default tiger drive

dose anybody know if the tiger drive is usefull? i dont want to be pullin on a rope to start my engine.lol
Old 03-23-2006, 05:41 PM
Ron Olson
My Feedback: (1)

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts
Default RE: tiger drive

Useful? Only if they have improved on it since I bought one for my sons nitro truck. I got one directly from Sullivan at last years Toledo show. The bevel gear connected to the shaft going into the crank was only press fit together, not splined or welded so we had more than one come apart. The plastic dust covers kept breaking, it's a good thing that I bought the extra package of colored spares. They all broke at the bolt holes which could have become an issue if the screws were to come out and the backplate to come off.
Using a drill to fire it up,either 110 volt or a strong portable battery powered drill could wreak some serious problems if the engine were to become flooded, possibly resulting in connecting rod damage or messing up the aforementioned bevel gear.
If everything worked fine, it wouldn't be a bad buy as it was costing the same as what a replacement pull-starter would except for a starter.