Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Nitro Boats
Reload this Page >

Can you tell me about the CMB .80 Dual Plug Engine

Notices
Speed - RC Nitro Boats For all your rc nitro fuel burning boating needs.

Can you tell me about the CMB .80 Dual Plug Engine

Old 03-24-2006, 12:58 AM
MrScarab

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can you tell me about the CMB .80 Dual Plug Engine

Got this dual plug 80 CMB, what are the pro's and cons of it. Thanks a bunch
Old 03-24-2006, 10:59 AM
Ron Olson
My Feedback: (1)

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts
Default RE: Can you tell me about the CMB .80 Dual Plug Engine

Find a good fuel supplier as you're going to need a lot of it which shouldn't be too difficult in the Chicago area. You can run a little higher nitro percentage as the dual plugs will burn the fuel better and you have one to keep the engine going in case the other plug fries.
Old 03-24-2006, 11:35 AM
MrScarab

hey ron how do you think it will do in a 48 inch aeromarine challenger as opposed to a zen 260?
Old 03-24-2006, 11:42 AM
Ron Olson

I don't see why not. If you plan on doing any racing over there, you're best bet is to run nitro anyway as Gas hasn't really caught on over there yet like other parts of the country.
An Aeromarine Challenger if you already have one or an AC Lazer 45 would be good choices. See what Cindy has over at Al's Hobby Shop in Elmhurst in stock.
Old 03-24-2006, 11:51 AM
MrScarab

ORIGINAL: Ron Olson

I don't see why not. If you plan on doing any racing over there, you're best bet is to run nitro anyway as Gas hasn't really caught on over there yet like other parts of the country.
An Aeromarine Challenger if you already have one or an AC Lazer 45 would be good choices. See what Cindy has over at Al's Hobby Shop in Elmhurst in stock.
I picked up a challenger with the .80 in it already, was just curious what the .80's potential was. The challenger is more or less my test mule for custom stuff I am making on the mill and lathe. Funny you say that, I was in Al's yesterday and talked to cindy. Unfortunately she has turned to many of the RTR boats as thats what her clients are demanding, noone wants to build anymore so her selection has dwindled dramatically. I rememeber 15 years ago when we were racing 12th scale carpet, Al's was a haven for boaters, just not like that anymore[]
Old 03-24-2006, 12:14 PM
Ron Olson

I've always wanted to go in there when I've been in the area but never have. I've seen Cindy at the races over there though back when she was still married to Ron Zaker Jr.
I get most of my boat stuff from Gary Preusse as there really isn't anyone here in Michigan that has the stuff that he does or has the connections that Gary does either.
There isn't much competition for that engine any more unless there are some MAC owners over there.
Good luck if you go racing, IMPBA D-4 has some of the best racers in the country. If you can go home with a trophy, that is saying something!
Old 03-24-2006, 12:25 PM
MrScarab

I've always wanted to go in there when I've been in the area but never have. I've seen Cindy at the races over there though back when she was still married to Ron Zaker Jr.
I get most of my boat stuff from Gary Preusse as there really isn't anyone here in Michigan that has the stuff that he does or has the connections that Gary does either.
There isn't much competition for that engine any more unless there are some MAC owners over there.
Good luck if you go racing, IMPBA D-4 has some of the best racers in the country. If you can go home with a trophy, that is saying something!
Ya will be looking to go racing here in the near future, just wasnt sure what the vast amount of competition was using for engines, wether it be nitro or gas. Gotta get to reading this rulebook to see what class I fit in. Thanks ron
Old 03-24-2006, 12:57 PM
Ron Olson

Good luck to you. I haven't raced in D-4 in about 6 years. I hate Chicago are traffic, it makes Detroit look not that bad. Being half-way between Chicago and Detroit I have my choice of going either way as boat racing sites are about the same distance. I'd really like to get back over there one of these days though seeing how the Illini Power Boaters are now racing at Chicagoland Speedway. Their old site in Joliet off Caton Farm Road was kind of a dive as far a race sites go. It was easy to get to but a real pain to get back on the highway home. Whoever designs the roads over there ought to be shot!
Old 03-24-2006, 01:14 PM
MrScarab

Good luck to you. I haven't raced in D-4 in about 6 years. I hate Chicago are traffic, it makes Detroit look not that bad. Being half-way between Chicago and Detroit I have my choice of going either way as boat racing sites are about the same distance. I'd really like to get back over there one of these days though seeing how the Illini Power Boaters are now racing at Chicagoland Speedway. Their old site in Joliet off Caton Farm Road was kind of a dive as far a race sites go. It was easy to get to but a real pain to get back on the highway home. Whoever designs the roads over there ought to be shot!
Well I am about 30 miles direct west of downtown chicago in the suburbs. I would never live in chicago, no wayyyyyyyy. Im gonna have to check out were they are racing now. Amazingly when I try to find a website for them, I come up with nothing[&o]
Old 03-24-2006, 01:40 PM
Ron Olson

Tom Moorehouse is rebuilding the www.impba4.com website now so it may be down for a little while yet. You can check in with www.impba.net and download the latest issue of the Roostertail to get race dates in the meantime.
I haven't been in the middle of Chicago in a long time either. I used to hit the hobby show at what was at the time the Rosemont Horizon and once made the mistake of visiting my wifes brother who lived for a while up in Janesville, WI.