Notices
Speed - RC Nitro Boats For all your rc nitro fuel burning boating needs.

mean machine

Old 03-24-2006, 04:12 PM
Pyrotechnic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default mean machine

hey

does anybody know if this is a fast and easy to work.

thanks
Old 03-24-2006, 04:15 PM
Pyrotechnic

Default RE: mean machine

aeromarine mean machine incase knowbody had a clue aof wat i was talkin about lol
Old 03-24-2006, 08:26 PM
Ron Olson
My Feedback: (1)

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

Yes, but give us more than 3 minutes between postings.
All I've seen were the pre-production boats, not the actual ones being imported. The speeds at that time were radared at 33 MPH and the boat looked like it should be very easy to work on. The hull dimensions are the same as their .21/.45 Cats so there is plenty of room in there to work. It seems to be a little expensive but they didn't mess around with putting cheap junk hardware on the transom and it has a real radio box that is well sealed. Why Remy and the gang didn't just put a .21 in there instead of messing around with the .18, I don't know. The first one was pretty cobbled up as they had a CEN Racing .16 in it with ProBoat Miss Bud exhaust. It took a long time to get it where it is now and if everything goes as well as expected, this will be the first of many RTR boats from Aeromarine. Remy told me that the next ones should be class legal for racing out of the box but wouldn't say what he has up his sleeve.
Old 03-25-2006, 09:28 PM
iowapiper_rcp

pricy little buggers eh?
Old 03-25-2006, 10:02 PM
Ron Olson

Yup, but it won't be falling apart as soon as the box is opened either. You get what you pay for.
Old 03-26-2006, 09:56 PM
piper_chuck
My Feedback: (12)

ORIGINAL: Ron Olson
Why Remy and the gang didn't just put a .21 in there instead of messing around with the .18, I don't know.
I got a bit of insight on this (not from Remy, but from someone else that's recently become heavily involved in product development) during a fireside discussion Friday night about another new RTR boat that comes with a .18 instead of a .21. The reason he gave for using a .18 is that it's about the biggest pull start engine they can get away with. While there are .21 pull start engines, the extra muscle required to pull them creates concern that the hull will be damaged from the stress of pull starting.
Old 03-27-2006, 08:52 AM
Ron Olson

Chuck, I've got an idea who you talked to, a skinny guy with a ponytail down to his rear?
Old 03-27-2006, 11:29 AM
piper_chuck

Good guess There was another "company" person there too. They brought one of the boats with them, but didn't run it since it wasn't a tunnel.
Old 03-27-2006, 11:40 AM
Ron Olson

You're going to make me go look aren't you! I've got the twin OB tunnel video saved. The funny thing was as much of a pain it is to keep an twin running, it was the only boat to run in that heat!
Old 03-27-2006, 12:14 PM
piper_chuck

From what I remember, both engines stayed running in all but one of its heats. Near the end of the day on Sunday, one of the engines died and it caused the boat to hook into a bouy. The funny part is the other engine was still running, so it started circling around the bouy it was stuck to. But anyway, this thread was about the mean machine...