Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Nitro Boats
Reload this Page >

GOT MY FIRST BOAT!!!

Notices
Speed - RC Nitro Boats For all your rc nitro fuel burning boating needs.

GOT MY FIRST BOAT!!!

Old 03-27-2006, 01:16 AM
iowapiper_rcp

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GOT MY FIRST BOAT!!!

I just got my [link=http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=ADME:B:EOIBSAA:US:11&Item=6045378900]NEW BOAT[/link] ! Won the auction from ebay. The boat is a 1/8th scale MRP OB Tunnel Hull, with a modded K&B 3.5 engine. The motor work was done/overseen by Rod Geherity (anyoe know this guy, or heard of him). I am so excited, cant wait to get my first boat here, should be here by the end of the week!
Old 03-27-2006, 01:21 AM
ob nut
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: GOT MY FIRST BOAT!!!

ORIGINAL: iowapiper_rcp

I just got my [link=http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=ADME:B:EOIBSAA:US:11&Item=6045378900]NEW BOAT[/link] ! Won the auction from ebay. The boat is a 1/8th scale MRP OB Tunnel Hull, with a modded OS 3.5 engine. The motor work was done/overseen by Rod Geherity (anyoe know this guy, or heard of him). I am so excited, cant wait to get my first boat here, should be here by the end of the week!

The add shows and states K&B, not an O.S.. As for the boat, kinda surprised that a MRP ABS boat would actually work. Don't see where it states the motor was worked on by Rod. Spoke with Rod Geraghty a week ago.. He is one of the best motor builders out there.. Can't go wrong with that motor.

If you want to go faster, dump that Magic Muffler (old school) and get a tuned pipe.
Old 03-27-2006, 01:31 AM
iowapiper_rcp

why is that? Whats wrong with the MRP hull? I heard it wasnt all that bad once dialed in. I wasnt too crazy about the hull either but was told it woudl work, and figured it would. I am going to eventually stuff everythign into a TS2, but that will be a few months now before I can get that hull.
Old 03-27-2006, 01:34 AM
iowapiper_rcp

also, sorry meant to put K&B, not OS
Old 03-27-2006, 01:40 AM
iowapiper_rcp

Also, e-mailed the guy to find out who did the motor work. He said he did it, but Rod Geherity overseen it. The guy is a machinist. Anyhow, he also knows a guy named Mike Zambrowski, or so he says. We will see what the baot is liek when I get it, and go from there. I took his word for Rod Overseeing the work, that is where I got that from. Thanks for the constructive critism tho [sm=wink.gif]
Old 03-27-2006, 03:12 AM
ob nut
My Feedback: (1)

The MRP boat didn't last but a few years on the market. I'm sure there are people that have been able to get the boat to run correctly. Other opinion is that the boat is ABS plastic. Don't leave it out in the sun too long or it could warp.

Seeing that the seller is out of Eau Claire, Wi, I would have guess he knows Mike Z (Grimracer).

Happy boating.. Welcome to the boating world!!!!
Old 03-27-2006, 07:39 PM
wave waker

congrats!! i like that MRP hull..welcome to tunnel!!