Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Nitro Boats
Reload this Page >

hardware engine questions....cmon guys....?

Notices
Speed - RC Nitro Boats For all your rc nitro fuel burning boating needs.

hardware engine questions....cmon guys....?

Old 03-28-2006, 10:34 PM
Vertical3-D
My Feedback: (20)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default hardware engine questions....cmon guys....?

ok ill make it short, I have my nitro vee modded to the max, still bores me, next step rip out the traxxas junk, the outdrive engine and all the crap.i wanna run speedmaster (i think its stinger strut or something, on offshoreelectrics.com) adjustable surface drive, and an offset rudder, CF prop and bullet nut, it has a 3/16 shaft, and also what motor, im ditching the RTS and ex start, should i go os .18 pullstart, or .21 belt start for all out speed, also what turn fins trim tabs would be good with the setup...Im out for top dawg of the nitro vees, i lovet the hull and have it painted custom, its just not quite fast enough and spinning out limits my turning abilities at highspeeds...thanks in advance for any help...
Old 03-29-2006, 08:17 AM
alex_hockey
My Feedback: (5)

Default RE: hardware engine questions....cmon guys....?

i dont think that abs hull could handel that kind of powers i would buy a new hull and make a completely new boat just my .02
Old 03-29-2006, 08:44 AM
Square Nozzle
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Buy Buy Buy!!!! What ever happened to "Build something you can be proud of" instead of those ready to run plastic toys? Take a close look at the Wild Thing for a .21 size engine, good handling and reasonable speed. I'm not talking RTR 25 MPH either.
Old 03-29-2006, 08:53 AM
330T

you wanna go fast get a rigger...

Nuff Said
Old 03-29-2006, 09:17 AM
Ron Olson

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

I have to go with John on this one. Having the fastest Nitro-Vee isn't really bragging rights unless you really feel the need to do so. There is only so much money to dump into a boat before it's time to move on to a better one.

BTW, you're going to have to beat that 70 MPH Nitro-Vee that was recently on eBay. That one still cracks me up!!!!!!!!!![sm=lol.gif]
Old 03-29-2006, 07:50 PM
Vertical3-D

yeah, well maybe with a turbine and afterburner system i could sqeak out 75mph, hahahahaha, well I do like the hull, it handles rough water nicely, I was gonna reinforce it, so basiacally I should sell my boat? I have been trying but Im asking almost 300 and no one wants it for that, also Im moving to orlando, any good places to run there, and now suggestions for a new boat please....I cant spend alot though, should I buy a used boat, I want either vee or a cat would be cool, not into riggers, tunnels, but maybe a nice hydro, I have driven tunnels before so I can handle boats like that, But i dont plan on racing and love running rough waters, makes things interesting, I was trying to stick with the vee, i kinda gained a following and they say "dont sell it" and "i hope your not ditching nitro vees"....so whats a good place to start on a new beast....I want nitro, pullstart or shaft would be the best for me, I hate lugging starters, and dont think ill be lucky enough to "flip start" an OS outboard like the one guy i read about on here...I want speeds around 35-40mph and decent handling...
Old 03-29-2006, 09:32 PM
ob nut

[link=http://www.orlandoculvertdodgers.com/]Orlando Culvert Dogers[/link] club would be a great place to start when moving there. If you can't sell the boat, keep it as a fun runner. If someone comes up to ya and inquries about running, let them run that. I've always got a boat to loan out to allow someone to get their fingers wet. I make sure the throttle is turned down before letting them have control..

Can't help you on a boat as I'm a tunnel lover But sounds like you need to go gas since they have a limited support equipement requirement to carry around.
Old 03-29-2006, 09:40 PM
Vertical3-D

well i dont mind normal nitro stuff, but like the tunnel i had a starter and battery for that and misc stuff i might need, like i said vee or cat, actually i have a 48 inch shallow vee gasser hull, just the raw gelcoated halves and I have a few homlite engines around, just never felt like buying the stuff for it...plus its to big to be pratical at the moment and i certainly dont wanna haul it to Fl, so ill stick nitro for now...