Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Nitro Boats
Reload this Page >

where to get onboard fuel mixture control

Notices
Speed - RC Nitro Boats For all your rc nitro fuel burning boating needs.

where to get onboard fuel mixture control

Old 03-30-2006, 10:12 PM
lelandhild

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default where to get onboard fuel mixture control

I was wondering where on the internet I could get the parts for my O.S. .21 xm outboard so i can setup an onboard fuel mixture control.any help would be much appreciated.
Old 03-30-2006, 10:44 PM
Ron Olson
My Feedback: (1)

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts
Default RE: where to get onboard fuel mixture control

www.cmdracing.com has a nice one that is used for the MAC engines. You'll want the fine threaded one.
Hooking it up is the tricky part as you want it as close as possible to the engine.
Old 03-30-2006, 10:57 PM
ob nut

I talked with Tim and Josh at [link=http://precision-boats.com/]Precision Boats[/link] earlier this week for some remote needles. They will soon be making more. These are small units and will fit inside a tunnel nicely. Recently also purchased several base units from Don Ferrette at [link=http://www.jackrabbitracing.com]Jack Rabbit Racing[/link] that he makes. An O.S. 3rd channel needle assembly is still required to complete this unit. The cost this route is higher than the PBR version.
Old 03-31-2006, 09:38 AM
Ron Olson

Mark, I was surprised that you talked to Don about the remote needles. You might want to go a better route when you come up here as Scott VanSlooten is the one making them for Don.
Old 03-31-2006, 04:00 PM
ob nut

ORIGINAL: Ron Olson

Mark, I was surprised that you talked to Don about the remote needles. You might want to go a better route when you come up here as Scott VanSlooten is the one making them for Don.
Wish I had known about that. Already have them with one installed in the TS2.

Old 03-31-2006, 04:43 PM
Ron Olson

Mark, nicely engineered boat. I hope that you're dragging that one along in May when you come up here!
Old 03-31-2006, 07:08 PM
ob nut

Oh yea, it'll be one for sure. Think I'll be buying a trailer before the Fun Run. It's going to be tight though. Just got word today at work they want me to go to L.A. for 3 - 4 weeks. Need to learn a new account coming in. If that's the case, I have a very short time to get three boats finished and one repaired.
Old 10-25-2006, 03:16 PM
007clint

How do I get in touch with Scott about these?

Old 10-25-2006, 06:25 PM
wave waker

ORIGINAL: 007clint

How do I get in touch with Scott about these?

just pm him, he'll reply u, but i heard he's busy lately from movin'....

i have a couple of os xm outboard remote needle, got it from tower hobby...kinda lazy to install yet..

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ig13663.jpg
Views:	123
Size:	75.8 KB
ID:	548052  
Old 10-25-2006, 07:06 PM
christrump

http://bvmjets.com/ still sells there remote mixture for DF's. Nicely made and ultra reliable.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Pn38015.jpg
Views:	328
Size:	14.3 KB
ID:	548075  
Old 10-25-2006, 10:52 PM
Ron Olson

Scott e-mailed me last week and said that he's changing ISP's and haven't heard from him yet from his new one.
I don't know if he's moving or not as he didn't say anything to that effect but I can't imagine him moving all of that big equipment out of his basement. I don't know how he got it down there in the first place!
Check with Don Ferrette at www.jackrabbitracing.com as he was selling Scott's mixture controls as they are based on the O.S. needle valve assembly.
Scott's health is in a downward slide as his eyesight is going from Type 1 Diabetes. He recently e-mailed me to let me know that he joined the "Stent Club" too. I didn't know that we had a club going on but we have 2 members now. Having a heart attack is no way to sign up.
The BVM and O.S. needle valves are smaller than the Kalistratov/CMD Racing one that I used, great if you're pressed for space.
Old 10-26-2006, 12:41 AM
littlepiston
My Feedback: (12)

i sencond the BVM,, i have all BVM except one JMP this comes from me flying jets so i know they work great
Old 10-26-2006, 09:27 AM
007clint

Scott e-mailed me last week and said that he's changing ISP's and haven't heard from him yet from his new one.
I don't know if he's moving or not as he didn't say anything to that effect but I can't imagine him moving all of that big equipment out of his basement. I don't know how he got it down there in the first place!
Check with Don Ferrette at www.jackrabbitracing.com as he was selling Scott's mixture controls as they are based on the O.S. needle valve assembly.
Scott's health is in a downward slide as his eyesight is going from Type 1 Diabetes. He recently e-mailed me to let me know that he joined the "Stent Club" too. I didn't know that we had a club going on but we have 2 members now. Having a heart attack is no way to sign up.
The BVM and O.S. needle valves are smaller than the Kalistratov/CMD Racing one that I used, great if you're pressed for space.
You mentioned the O.S. needle valve assembly a couple of times. Please excuse me if this in a dumb question but I ma entirely new to r/c adjustable needle valves. Would this fit directly into an O.S. .18 and/or Aquacraft .18 carburetor instead of the regular needle. Is the remote needle assembly normally used to facilitate the servo hookup?
Old 10-26-2006, 09:39 AM
piper_chuck

You mentioned the O.S. needle valve assembly a couple of times. Please excuse me if this in a dumb question but I ma entirely new to r/c adjustable needle valves. Would this fit directly into an O.S. .18 and/or Aquacraft .18 carburetor instead of the regular needle. Is the remote needle assembly normally used to facilitate the servo hookup?
It is designed for specific carbs, I dont know if it would fit in the Aquacraft carb or not. I've got a few that I haven't installed yet (I've been supplying Don F), if I get a chance, I'll take a look.
Old 10-26-2006, 09:40 AM
piper_chuck

ORIGINAL: christrump

http://bvmjets.com/ still sells there remote mixture for DF's. Nicely made and ultra reliable.
It's interesting to see this one. Many boaters swear at them yet others swear by them. I've got two boats with this valve and they both seem to work fine.
Old 10-27-2006, 09:41 AM
007clint

ORIGINAL: piper_chuck

It is designed for specific carbs, I dont know if it would fit in the Aquacraft carb or not. I've got a few that I haven't installed yet (I've been supplying Don F), if I get a chance, I'll take a look.
That would be great!!

It seems that it would be better to have the needle as close to the carburetor as possible for a fast response to a r/c needle adjustment. If you could tell me where to get one, I could just work with it myself.
Thanks for all your help
Old 10-27-2006, 11:23 AM
007clint

[quote]ORIGINAL: wave waker

i have a couple of os xm outboard remote needle, got it from tower hobby...kinda lazy to install yet..

I found the os xm remote needle on tower hobby but they didn't have the top part of your assemblies that have the servo lever. Did I find the wrong piece or is that the part that is being machined?
Old 10-27-2006, 12:11 PM
piper_chuck

The one being discussed is part # 71703009. Here's the Tower link: http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...I=OSMG6460&P=K . The problem, as you can see, is that it is designed to screw into specific carbs. The base that's been discussed is made to hold it.