Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Nitro Boats
Reload this Page >

.12 Rigger almost ready to get wet

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Nitro Boats For all your rc nitro fuel burning boating needs.

.12 Rigger almost ready to get wet

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2006, 10:46 AM
330T

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default .12 Rigger almost ready to get wet

I'm hopping in two weeks to have it wet!

Much thanks to Anthony IDM Racing Products , Ron Olson, and many many many others that i'm forgetting to thank...
Old 03-31-2006, 11:47 AM
Ron Olson
My Feedback: (1)

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts
Default RE: .12 Rigger almost ready to get wet

Check with Tony before going too far as it looks like he is working on some changes already, going with rear sponsons like I have on mine or what Andy Brown has on their 'riggers. He is looking at making some slight changes to the front ones also.
I got the urge to get mine off the shelf and start working on them. I have 2 different front sponsons for mine, wide and narrow. I'm missing one of the wide ones right now, no wonder as my work area is a mess. I was thinkning of possilby buying another 'rigger kit and Tony offered me a deal on one of his but I might wait until he decides to make the mods on his. I might also look inot some others. Frank Bonanno has a nice one that I've seen run in a video, I need to locate him though. There's going to be a lot of them coming out of the woodwork in the next few months seeing how the Hydro Masters annouced that they are going to hold a class for them. There will be some serious bragging rights on the line and Tony would like to be one of them, especially how the race is being held in his hometown.
Old 03-31-2006, 11:53 AM
330T

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the back sponsons, they are just not attached. I'm waiting untill i get the epox coating on the boat. I ordered west systems epox to do the job.

I've also started forming a plug for the cowl. as you know the .12TZ is air cooled, and i'm making two different cowls one is for the air cooled head the other is for a 2nd TZ head i've machined and i'm working on making it liquid cooled.

Old 03-31-2006, 12:07 PM
Ron Olson
My Feedback: (1)

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

I've got one engine downstairs that ran cool even with the top 3 fins cut off and was thinknig of taking it further. Glenn Quarles is running his 'rigger with only enough heat sink to hold the head button on, a little extreme for me. Tony asked me if I was interested in a wayer-cooled head but told him no thanks as mine are running cool as it is. If I can score another head off ebay or somewhere for my OS, I might try cutting that one down too.
Gary Preusse runs a water-cooled head on his modded RB engine, I think that Rod Geraghty did up for him.
I modded mine with a Nova Rossi .21 carb that had its base cut down to 13mm. That really woke up my little mill as I'd bet that I gained a good 5+MPH easy.