Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Nitro Boats
Reload this Page >

are tunnels hard to setup?

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Nitro Boats For all your rc nitro fuel burning boating needs.

are tunnels hard to setup?

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2006, 08:56 PM
fishy2k8
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default are tunnels hard to setup?

ive been watching tunnel hull racing on tv and i like the look of them.. what im wandering is are they hard to setup and maintain? this would be my 3rd nitro, one boat and one car... is this a good type of boat for someone that doesnt have too much experience?
Old 04-10-2006, 09:05 PM
piper_chuck
My Feedback: (12)

Default RE: are tunnels hard to setup?

If you can follow directions, they can be about the easiest boat to setup. I say this because you just bolt on the engine, connect the radio and fuel tank and you're ready to go. They can however be a bit frustrating to get to run really well. As far as driving goes, I find they actually require more "driving" than monos or hydros.

Edit: I realized I forgot something. They are LOADS OF FUN and I will probably always have at least one in my fleet.
Old 04-10-2006, 11:25 PM
Thompy

As a noob to tunnels, actually today was my first day out with the boat, I can say they can be a little of a pain to get set up. But once you do get the correct set up and get the hang of it and understand what does what you'll catch on quickly. Another plus is once you get a good setting, as far as I'm concerned because I only run it for sport, you can almost just leave it and it'll stay put. I'll second the fun part as well Chuck, I was amazed with the performance these boats reallly have. You would almost swear there are rails in the water guiding these boats. In my opinion, #1 can't beat the smell or sound of nitro espically from an outboard, #2 I'm sure you can't beat the handling, and #3 you can't beat the speeds these things are capable of. Fishy2k8 my thread Outboard Motor Info might give you some help in some of the details on these boats. Just about all the basics are discussed as far as a little in depth information. I'd give it a shot, you can't beat em' man.
Old 04-11-2006, 07:19 AM
Ron Olson
My Feedback: (1)

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

The Top Speed 2 is just about idiot-proof to set up (there is always someone to prove that theory wrong!) as it comes with great instructions plus the boat stand is also a set-up board. My first nitro boats were 3.5 OB tunnels and I had to pretty much learn how to do it by myself.
Old 04-11-2006, 08:22 AM
330T

My first ever boat was a tunnal, like Ron I had the K&B 3.5 hanging off the back.

I have plans to get a top speed 2, but the woman is already starting to grumble...
Old 04-11-2006, 07:04 PM
ryan_t888

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

The only part I find to be tough is setting up the boat to give a nice ride angle. Other than being too picky for sport running, it is the most fun!

Just bolt an engine, set up linkages/radio and find a large puddle.

Ryan