Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Nitro Boats
Reload this Page >

Anyone Have The Thunder Cat From ProBoat

Notices
Speed - RC Nitro Boats For all your rc nitro fuel burning boating needs.

Anyone Have The Thunder Cat From ProBoat

Old 04-16-2006, 06:28 PM
mgtchik

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone Have The Thunder Cat From ProBoat

Just bought the Thunder Cat. I Broke in the motor alittle. Does anyone have one? Wanted some info on what i can expect from this boat. Thanx
Old 04-16-2006, 10:44 PM
wave waker

Default RE: Anyone Have The Thunder Cat From ProBoat

there are 2 threads bout thundercat 31 goin on here try to check it,,i got 1 last week, it's a[8D] cool lookin boat but i sent back the engine and carb due to excessive flooding[sm=drowning.gif], never been run though, but it's ok coz while waiting the parts to comeback i'm doin routine check such as sharpening and polishing the prop, waterproofing servo, securing radio box, greasing the shaft also check the engine compression and just waiting for the big launch
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Wu60268.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	55.4 KB
ID:	446549   Click image for larger version

Name:	Sn41509.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	83.0 KB
ID:	446550  
Old 04-17-2006, 04:30 PM
mgtchik

Cool. I started to break mine in on Saturday. ran about a tank through it. shut off a few times then my hubby adjusted the needles. I got the engine up to about 150 degrees during the break in. I hit the gas a few time. I'm loving this boat. My hubby has a Shockwave 36. So we should have some good races. LOL
Old 04-17-2006, 04:50 PM
Ron Olson
My Feedback: (1)

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

I let my wife drive one of my boats once. I had to go out and buy another for myself! She got a pretty good ear for tuning her boat and could see the difference in the props that we'd try. She did race a few times but got out of it when it was getting harder to find someone to house-sit while we were gone to let the dogs out.
Old 04-18-2006, 01:55 PM
mgtchik

Me and my hubby race real cars. we have Mustangs and old Mopars like chargers and super bees.I started with r/c when I bought monster trucks I have a Monster gt that has a worked picco .27 and a ofna raveger buggy with a picco .26. I want to race my boat this year. hopfully it will impress me and I will have a chance,. Have a good day
Old 04-20-2006, 08:24 PM
tazmaniaboats

ron
my wife has never considered to even come with me at sea and i live 5 mins drive away.from my house i see it and i see even the waves.
when i tried to take her with me she sat in the van and after 5 mins she slept.
women.
tell your wife that if she has time to use that boat and relax as that is what a hobby is for
martin
Old 04-20-2006, 09:07 PM
Ron Olson
My Feedback: (1)

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

She got to enjoy going to the races with me even if she didn't race. There are always other women there that she can talk to and liked the older people (as in more my age than when we raced trucks) plus a more relaxed picnic-like feel to them. We'd take a grill and a cooler full of food along so that we had something decent to eat.
If you have one woman racing, the others cheer her on and might inspire them to give it a shot.