Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Nitro Boats
Reload this Page >

Need 11cc nitro motor

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Nitro Boats For all your rc nitro fuel burning boating needs.

Need 11cc nitro motor

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2006, 05:29 PM
Shortman
My Feedback: (21)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need 11cc nitro motor

Okay, I currently am in the process of rebuilding a really nice fiberglass boat. It has a K & B 11cc motor that needs to be replaced. I'm pretyt new to the boat side, but I have flown airplanes and helicopters so it shouldn't be to difficult to pick up. I can't for the life of me find any 11cc nitro motors around for the marine boats. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I will post pictures and more information on the boat I am remodeling later this week.
Old 05-24-2006, 06:38 PM
piper_chuck
My Feedback: (12)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Need 11cc nitro motor

Moderator hat on:
To anyone thinking of replying that they have one to sell to Shortman, please don't violate RCU rules by posting it in the thread.
Moderator hat off:
You can find K&B engines at their web site, http://www.mecoa.com
However, if I were looking for a K&B engine, the first place I'd check is with Gary Preusse at G&M models. Gary's been running boats for a long time and when I talked to him a couple weeks ago, to order some stuff, he told me he has a good supply of engines. He would also be able to help you with questions about props, hardware, setup, etc. Since Gary doesn't do email and doesn't have a web site, the only way to reach him is by phone. For a long time I hesitated and didn't want to call. When I finally got over this, I wished I had called him earlier. His number is (630) 279-2451.
Old 05-25-2006, 11:13 AM
Hydro Junkie

Received 130 Likes on 123 Posts

I was just looking at the Mecoa website. The 11 CC is listed as in process, meaning any time from 2 to 12 weeks with a price of $450. That seems a little spendy for a K&B, especially since I have a couple already.
Old 05-25-2006, 01:08 PM
Ron Olson
My Feedback: (1)

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

How about a MAC? www.cmdracing.com . If I had have to lay out that kind of money for a K&B, I'd rather spend a few more dollars and get a hot engine.