Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Nitro Boats
Reload this Page >

3.5 O/B Silver Bullet Pipes

Notices
Speed - RC Nitro Boats For all your rc nitro fuel burning boating needs.

3.5 O/B Silver Bullet Pipes

Old 06-18-2006, 09:45 AM
jetpack
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 3.5 O/B Silver Bullet Pipes

I just bought a new 2006 version for my 3.5 SS and the header is a mile long on it.

Just wondering if anyone else is using this and looking for their established header length so I can get an average where to start cutting mine.

Just a note to whoever goes to buy one for theirs is thier header flange has to be milled/filed down considerably to not hit the PTO housing. I think they designed it to fit on CMB's and such or with a different outdrive.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ig13568.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	156.0 KB
ID:	479282   Click image for larger version

Name:	Vt56442.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	34.9 KB
ID:	479283  
Old 06-18-2006, 11:40 AM
dougaldy

Default RE: 3.5 O/B Silver Bullet Pipes

Jetpack,

Where did you buy the pipe and header?
Old 06-18-2006, 07:16 PM
ob nut

ORIGINAL: dougaldy

Jetpack,

Where did you buy the pipe and header?

By the look of the first pic, it's from Mark Hopper at [link=http://www.htbboats.com/]HTBboats[/link]

BTW, Jetpack, CMB, Macs, Rossi & NR's headers don't bolt up like K&B's do.... They are held on by springs.. Can't help you on the header length as I've never used a Silver Bullet yet. Certain JD will jump in when he sees this. My suggestion would be to cut all but 1/2" after the bend straightens out.
Old 06-28-2006, 11:58 AM
jetpack

Yep the pipe is from HTB Boats. I called Mark about the header, he suggested a half inch also. He offered to rework the header for me to clear the lower unit, but its really no big deal to scribe a line and file down to it. Its just soft aluminum. I was just wondering if this was standard is all.

The workmanship on the pipe is very nice by the way. No pinholes in any of the welds and they are all smooth, no undercutting. I haven't run it yet though, I'm still in the process of reworking the motor.

One thing I guess I would have liked to have seen is a bit of filler weld on the outside of the header pipe so if one wants to file out a transition between the shape of the motor port and the round header tube it could be done.
Old 10-03-2020, 05:32 PM
kevinsburns

I just bought a silver bullet. I started at 6 1/2 (header to widest point) have not ran it yet.
My engine is at 20,000th, red carb, 440 prop, red max 40%