Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Nitro Boats
Reload this Page >

pressure tube on 7.5 K/B

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Nitro Boats For all your rc nitro fuel burning boating needs.

pressure tube on 7.5 K/B

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2006, 08:46 PM
joey22

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default pressure tube on 7.5 K/B

I have a v-hull boat, don't have any idea what kind it is. I have a 7.5kb with a Hot Pipe sticking out the back for the exhaust. Is there suppose to be a pressure line going from the exhaust to the fuel tank like there is on a rc truck to pressurize the tank? Does anyone have a pic of a KB with all the water cooler lines hooked up so I can make sure mine is correct, still new to this. I am also getting some water on the inside of the hull where the engine is, the hull dont leak anywhere, only this I can think of is up through the tube where the prop drive cable is. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks everyone for the help.
Old 07-02-2006, 08:57 PM
joey22

Default RE: pressure tube on 7.5 K/B

I forgot to mention that this in an inboard engine.
Old 07-02-2006, 09:57 PM
oldlugs

Hey Joey, the 'hot pipe' should have a pressure fitting at the fattest part of the pipe. The pressure fitting should pressurize the fuel tank. Unless you have an exhaust throttle with water nipples, or a water cooled header, then you only need one water line coming from your pickup, and going to the head, and out the side of the boat where you can see the water flow as the boat goes by. You could be getting water in the boat when turning hard, or maybe coming up through the stuffing tube when the boat's stalled in the water. Just dump the water out & make sure the radio box is dry before the next run...
Old 07-03-2006, 12:18 AM
joey22

The pipe doest not have any type of nipple on it, just smooth. There are 2 pickup tubes for water, one goes to the top of the head and then goes out the side and the other one goes to a block looking thing where the exhaust comes out, goes in one side and out the other only to loop around and go right back in and then out the same side in originally came in, and then out the side of the boat. A baby syringe works great to suck the water out of the bottom of the hull. What do I need to do about the pressure line?
Old 07-03-2006, 09:53 AM
oldlugs

You should install a pressure fitting right around the fattest part of the pipe. That will help supply a consistent fuel flow to the engine. A Dubro 8-82 or 10-32 should work fine, but you'll need to drill & tap threads. A little JB Weld on the threads should keep it in place. Be sure to clean oil residue off very well, before using the JB Weld; you can scrub the pipe with detergent and hot water, or use lacquer thinner or acetone to clean it.

Old 07-03-2006, 12:18 PM
joey22

where do I find these fittings?
Old 07-03-2006, 12:22 PM
joey22

I found these on tower hobbies and horizon hobbies, these are the only pressure fittings I have been able to find, will they work?

Inlet Fittings:TMX 2.5,3.3 (2)
TRA3296 by TRAXXAS
Old 07-03-2006, 08:16 PM
oldlugs

[link=http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXD623&P=M]Dubro 8-32[/link]
Old 07-04-2006, 06:41 AM
joey22

Alright, that's great I am going to get one ordered, I tried pressure fittings for the search word and it didn't come up, should have tried Dubro. Thank you.