Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Nitro Boats
Reload this Page >

Electronics in Miss Bud

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Nitro Boats For all your rc nitro fuel burning boating needs.

Electronics in Miss Bud

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2006, 08:30 PM
Aros

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Electronics in Miss Bud

I brought my 1/12 Miss Bud with me this past week to run it on the lake I was camping at. At one point I needed to retrieve it so I used my cheap NQD hydro as a retrieval boat. I've done this a few times but at one point as I was bringing it in the NQD started to submerge the Miss Bud. I would say it was submerged for a few seconds (the back of the boat was completely submerged). Even though I had the electric compartment taped with clear duct tape, the electronics would not work. I thought maybe if it dried out they would work but it's been four days and I still can't get the receiver to respond to my transmitter.

I've replaced the batteries in both the boat and transmitter. When I turn the receiver on, I hear the familiar sound of the servos twitch, but I get nothing from the transmitter.

So I am wondering if my receiver/electronics need to be replaced or if there is something I can do? Thanks very much in advance for any info.

Old 07-06-2006, 08:44 PM
Lakeside518

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Electronics in Miss Bud

Most likely your reciever. Can try and clean it with some electric spray cleaner. Check for corrosion. Most likely have to replace it.
Old 07-06-2006, 08:57 PM
Aros

ORIGINAL: Lakeside518

Most likely your reciever. Can try and clean it with some electric spray cleaner. Check for corrosion. Most likely have to replace it.
Okay, thanks.
Old 07-08-2006, 04:03 PM
Aros

Okay I tried cleaning the receiver, I took it apart, checked the battery housing, cleaned all the contact points, everything * looks * okay. So how do I know if it's the receiver? Also, does anyone know a good resource for replacement parts for the Proboat 1/12 Miss Bud?