Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Nitro Boats
Reload this Page >

info on dumas hot shot 7.5 and motor, please

Notices
Speed - RC Nitro Boats For all your rc nitro fuel burning boating needs.

info on dumas hot shot 7.5 and motor, please

Old 07-17-2006, 03:10 AM
xtremraptor
My Feedback: (24)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default info on dumas hot shot 7.5 and motor, please

okay now it's in the right forum,

i've been doing my searching, but i'm keep coming up with threads on the 3.5. i'm new to the boating world and the outboard motor thing. i am not new to nitro motors though i have been into trucks for a few years now.

having a really hard time finding things on the K&B engine.

could someone hit me with a few good articles, threads, web links, and such.

i don't really have any specific questions as of yet just trying to gain some knowledge on the boat and motor first

the boat is already built so i don't really need building tips yet.

did i maybe over step my bounds on my first boat? i'm thinking about buying a hot shot 3.5 kit to build so i can get a little better grasp on the boat as well.

back to the search, THANX
Old 07-17-2006, 04:17 AM
ob nut
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: info on dumas hot shot 7.5 and motor, please

Which version of the boat / motor do you have? Boat would be either ABS (plastic) or wood.. Motor could be several different versions. Air cooled, water cooled, remote needle, old carb with low / high needle settings?

Here is a web page I created on a [link=http://home.earthlink.net/~ob_nut3/]7.5 wood[/link] that I reworked this year..

If you plan on racing, the 3.5 model is out dated. There are better race boats out there to start on. Most are not kit form however. If you can find a Villian kit, grab it..

BTW, I do have a 3.5 wood Hot Shot Sprint running a K&B SS which was radar'd at 46 + mph on several passes. Thanks for the motor JD!!!!
Old 07-17-2006, 04:43 AM
xtremraptor
My Feedback: (24)

Default RE: info on dumas hot shot 7.5 and motor, please

as far as i know the boat is made of wood, that's what the add said. the motor is a K&B 7.5cc.

i more than likely will not be racing anytime soon. the thought of building the 3.5 was just to get some insight behind the design. i assume that both boats are built relatively the same.

i picked the boat up here in the market.

http://www.rcuniverse.com/market/item.cfm?itemId=204570

should be here within the next couple of days, then i can get into the real questions.

THANX for the link. i think i'll be going through a rebuild proccess as well. merely because i would like a more eye catching paint job.