Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Nitro Boats
Reload this Page >

NEW : Miss Vegas Problem OR Defect

Notices
Speed - RC Nitro Boats For all your rc nitro fuel burning boating needs.

NEW : Miss Vegas Problem OR Defect

Old 07-29-2006, 03:47 AM
Timrod

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NEW : Miss Vegas Problem OR Defect

Well guys my LHS got my replaecment Miss Vegas in 7/27/06 and it's yellow no cracks but it had 3 problems

1. The hole where the header tube comes out the back was way to big water would pour in big time
had to use soft hot glue to seal it.

2. The 2 latches for top would not lock had to run a bead of glue on each side and file it to make it work.

3. The flywheel and flex shaft nut are not on straight or out of center you might say, and this is a problem
for me, on my helis i use a dial indicater to get it straight , I have taken it off and turned but it is still
out line, maybe this was what happened to the other Miss Vegas and caused the crack in the transom.

Any one know how to get this thing on straight ?
i'm starting to feel that Auuacraft needs to look at these boats a bit closer .
Old 07-29-2006, 07:56 AM
supermotoxaustin

Default RE: NEW : Miss Vegas Problem OR Defect

someone still owes you a boat. i would call the company and tell them.
Old 07-29-2006, 08:03 AM
piper_chuck
My Feedback: (12)

I think Russ, Grim, and Jerry are all interested in learning about user experiences. Posts such as yours which contain factual, non-bashing user experiences, will help them improve the product and will help other users learn what might need tweaking.
Old 07-29-2006, 08:30 AM
supermotoxaustin

I just got my miss vegas yesterday and so far it doesnt look like it has any problems.
Old 07-29-2006, 08:42 AM
Grimracer

Tim,

First and foremost thanks for your report. We are aware of the possibility of the cable coupler being out. Its not the cable coupler but the brass taper behind the flywheel that can cause this issue. Take the coupler off and tap off the fly wheel off the engine. You can see the part I'm talking about here. You can reinstall the FW and check it again.

I went through a bunch of testing with one that was out of true just to see what would happen and after a TON of runs nothing.. nothing at all.. not a broken part.. no cracks because of this but as you know.. I fly helis too.. its best to be dead on.

If you can get the cable to go around with out touching the sides of the stuffing tube.. its going to be fine.

We have asked the factory to make sure they put a flat area under the boat where the latches go.. you can do the same if you like..

Its not a problem if the hole around the exhaust outlet is larger then the tubing. I do this anyway to make it easer to pull in and out.

ROCK ON

Grimracer
Old 07-29-2006, 09:30 AM
Timrod

So you say it might not be all that bad if out just a bit ? Ok to run it as long as it don't rub the tube inside
the brass tube.

Have fix all issues with the boat it's self , just the flywheel or the coller left.

And Piper not sure what you mean, But my first Miss Vegas broke apart after 10 days
if you want to know if i'm new to RC no i'm not 20 years in planes & 10 years in helis
3 years in boats hope this helps.

Tim
Old 07-29-2006, 10:00 AM
Timrod

And Piper if seemed like i was bashing i'm sorry for that, thats not what i wanted
when i said they need to look a bit closer at these boats, It's just that out of 3 boats
in our group one broke apart at the rear 2 had bad locks 2 out of round flywheels or collars
1 rear wing not on straight and a few other miner things. I know this is a new boat and some
bugs must be worked out by us and then they can redo what we have found
Thats what i ment.
Old 07-29-2006, 03:08 PM
Grimracer

Timdude,

The cable will be fine. If you can get the collet so that the cable wiggles a little bit and does not move the stuffing tube when you pull the motor over you will be fine..

It sounds like you are close.. keep up the good work..

grimracer
Old 07-29-2006, 03:20 PM
toyotatruckin

Its a fast good boat, when all the issues are fixed and some of the issues come from the cheap labor and poor QC that comes from overseas Take my boat, just bought it last night the hull had a ton of wood shavings in it the strut is on cock-eyed and there was grime on the bottom of the hull. POOR QC!!!!