Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Nitro Boats
Reload this Page >

Any one from the NYC area??

Notices
Speed - RC Nitro Boats For all your rc nitro fuel burning boating needs.

Any one from the NYC area??

Old 08-07-2006, 07:25 PM
ehroof

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Any one from the NYC area??

Hi,

Anyone from the NYC area, I am from Howard Beach and usually run at Corona park.

Eddie
Old 08-10-2006, 06:54 PM
ehroof

Default RE: Any one from the NYC area??

hows about long island????
Old 08-11-2006, 08:06 AM
Square Nozzle
My Feedback: (1)

Lots of boaters in the NY city and surrounding areas of NJ and Connecticut. Go to the NAMBA web site and look up District 1. There will be several clubs and their contacts listed. When the New England area was part of District 1, we would attend races at the Worlds Fair grounds, Statin Island, Overpeck Park in NJ, Horshoe lake in the Lake Hopatcong area in NJ and all the way down to the Pentagon Lagoon in DC. Boaters are out there. They won't be sitting at your front door. Check with NAMBA.
Old 08-11-2006, 05:05 PM
ehroof

the worlds fair grounds (flushing meadow park) is where i go to run the boats, i will have to look up on the site, thanks for the information.
Old 08-11-2006, 05:48 PM
Square Nozzle

Glad to be of assistance. Hope you run across Tony Ascero, Rich Berilli, Bill Overton, Doug Twaits, Johnny Hightower, Bill Ruffin just to name a few of the great guys that are still involved with boating in the NY area. If you have the desire, we are having a District 11 race in Mansfield Connecticut on September 9th. I'd be pleased to provide directions if you're interested. If not, I understand, gasoline is a ***** these days.
Old 08-11-2006, 06:21 PM
ehroof

I would like to attend, You can email me at [email protected]. i have a few boats, shockwave 36, miss bud 1/12, hot shot with k&b outboard and a nitro vee, mostly all stock. There is noone around my immediate area who does the boats, i guess because there is not much fresh water. I tried the NAMBA website but it is down due to server problems. How far is mansfield from me 1-2hrs?

thanks again
Old 08-13-2006, 09:00 AM
Square Nozzle

Eddie, I'll get some driving instructions together and E mail you. Basically you go across the bridge of your choice to get to either 684 up to 84 to Hartford or if you like traffic you can take the Wilbur Cross Parkway or 95 to 91 to Hartford (I hate 95!!!). It takes me 1 hr 45 minutes to get to White Plains for the WRAM show. Mansfield and our race site is 1/2 hour for me going East. You can figure your travel time from that.

I think we could run your Shockwave in A mono, your Bud in A hydro and your outboard in Stock OPC. This all hinges on having other boats in those classes to race against. Be prepared to be outclassed in A Mono and A Hydro. Stock OPC is rarely run because of the lack of contestants but we could put that boat in A Hydro also. Rule of thumb, "You have to finish to finish first". The best way to get experience is to get involved. You will need to be a NAMBA member to race. Visiting is free.
Old 08-13-2006, 10:08 AM
ehroof

Thanks, i went to hemstead lake yesterday, saw some nice boats.