Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Nitro Boats
Reload this Page >

jet stream 800

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Nitro Boats For all your rc nitro fuel burning boating needs.

jet stream 800

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2006, 01:23 PM
vamp131

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default jet stream 800

Hi I have converted a jet stream 800 from electric to nitro not had much luck used a very small2.5 but as soon as i put it in the water it died im using the standard prop with a 42mm prop twin blade!

I have not fitted a new engine a very nice force 3.5 got it off a mate for next to nothing my kind of price lol well i am scottish!!

I have now mounted the engine onto the boat with a rubber engine mount straight onto the prop shaft

as i was looking at a jet stream gp the engine was mounted backwards with a cog on the shaft bigger than the cog on the prop shaft

will i need to turn around my engine and use cogs as i have it straight onto the propshaft and it go, s very fast have the needle set to 2.5 turns !

but as soon as i put it in the water it just stops no mater how fast i run the engine using 16% fuel all my parts are brand new every thing is gleaming apart from it will not run in the water can any one help me as i have not had it in the water for over a year if i put a 35mm prop on it runs but at 5mph a very pathetic speed boat lol
Old 08-10-2006, 05:49 PM
gofast53

Default RE: jet stream 800

Hi is this a watercooled marine engine or is it out of a gas car? Sounds to me like you need to richen it up, as boat-s engines tend to run slightly richer than car engines.
Old 08-10-2006, 05:59 PM
vamp131

Hi thank you for your reply It is a Force 3.5 water cooled engine brand new only had 3 tanks thro it ran it in my garden with a huge bottle of water with a pipe in it running thro the engine to keep it cool lol
Old 08-11-2006, 01:11 PM
xism

it shouldnt die!
do the motor gets air when the cabine is on? does it exist air intake holes? (since u have converted from ep to nitro... the cabine on the ep version doesnt have "air intake" hole i think) and have you check the fuelscrew?
Old 08-11-2006, 03:29 PM
vamp131

I have the screw set to 2 and a half turns so it runs rich i have tried it in the water without the cabin as i have ran a water bottle with a pipe in the ebngine to keep it cool and tried the boat in a pool still stops im at my wits end now thank you for your reply regards stewart
Old 08-11-2006, 05:52 PM
chuck731

I did the same thing about ten years ago with the same boat and had the same problem. The problem was in the outdrive. The plastice washers where going go fast they where starting to melt and when you hit the water they harden back up and kill the motor. Put steel washers in and they will take care of your problem I hope.
Old 08-11-2006, 06:33 PM
vamp131

Hi thank you for your reply i have nice steel bearings on the outdrive brand new got a 35mm prop use that it will go real slow but give me a chance to run the engine in i have it mounted straight onto the prop shaft on looking at gp ones they the engine id facing the back with
plastic gears maybe try that regards stewart