Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Nitro Boats
Reload this Page >

Help wanted!! Oppion needed On adjusting/tuning on a .21 Motor Please.

Notices
Speed - RC Nitro Boats For all your rc nitro fuel burning boating needs.

Help wanted!! Oppion needed On adjusting/tuning on a .21 Motor Please.

Old 08-11-2006, 09:47 PM
misshydro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help wanted!! Oppion needed On adjusting/tuning on a .21 Motor Please.

Hi,I'd bench ran my.21Leo and ran three and a half tank threw it.I'd had my ajustment screw out 2 1/2 turn out. Now I'd put it in my speed storm hydro now the motor has a load/prop and shalf to it.Now I'd did a quick test to run the motor out of water.Now I'd had to readjust the screw to 1 and 3/4 to run right. The two and half turn out is flooding out the motor/wont start. I'm Running top fuel traxxas 20% nitro. How am I supose to tune this motor? Oh I'm running a ABC H-4 prop.Is this prop to big?What prop will make my boat fly?
Old 08-11-2006, 10:00 PM
oldlugs

Default RE: Help wanted!! tips need on .21 breakins.

I'd say don't bother with break in. It's an ABC engine; right? Stick it in the boat and run it slightly rich for a couple of tanks, then lean it out a little. For a prop, you might want to try an Octura x440 to start with, or maybe a Prather 215. If the engine pulls those without any trouble, try an Octura x442 or Prather 220. No idea what fuel you're using or what the engine's intended for, but you may want to start running 40% nitro, with around 18%-20% oil content. Have fun!
Old 08-12-2006, 03:30 AM
misshydro

I'm using 20% thats what the manual calls for.I have a ABC H4 prop on it.
Old 08-16-2006, 10:52 PM
ryan_t888

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Get rid of any Traxxas Fuel. You need at least 18-20% oil for boat engines. Use quality boat fuel.

The ABC H-4 is a good enough place to start. It may be a bit big, it may not, nonetheless try it and find out for yourself.

Ryan
Old 08-17-2006, 09:50 AM
Hydro Junkie

Received 130 Likes on 123 Posts
Default RE: Help wanted!! Oppion needed On adjusting/tuning on a .21 Motor Please.

I hate to say this, but you're lucky you still have an engine. Running a boat motor without a load on it tends to kill them very quickly. Also, Ryan is right about the fuel, Traxxas doesn't have enough lubricant for a boat motor. When you buy fuel, if it doesn't say how much lubricant it has, don't buy it.