Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Nitro Boats
Reload this Page >

Fuel mix On .21 Long stroke NovaRossi

Notices
Speed - RC Nitro Boats For all your rc nitro fuel burning boating needs.

Fuel mix On .21 Long stroke NovaRossi

Old 08-12-2006, 01:39 AM
poobee

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fuel mix On .21 Long stroke NovaRossi

Hello,

One of my tunnel hulls has a lawless lower unit and a Nova Rossi Long stroke .21 Sized engine water cooled with tunned pipe and a modified 1440 prop was running 65% Nitro before I got it... motor is about 1.5years old what $ symthetic oil and how much caster would you use for that? what would you guys be running on this?? Im from australia dont have much pre mixed stuff for boats[sm=punching.gif]

thanks

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Rp43937.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	13.9 KB
ID:	505899   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ez82354.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	20.3 KB
ID:	505900  
Old 08-12-2006, 11:20 PM
poobee

Default RE: Fuel mix On .21 Long stroke NovaRossi

bumb
Old 08-13-2006, 03:01 AM
ob nut
My Feedback: (1)

I'm running 65% Wildcat fuel in all my boats, including my 29" WOF, MAC, Lawless racer. Wildcat uses 18% oil, specs can be viewed at the [link=http://www.wildcatfuels.com/specs.htm]Wildcat Fuel Specs[/link] page.
Old 08-13-2006, 03:10 AM
poobee

I see

do you know much about the people that run upto 80% Nitro?? what is the point is so much Nitro?

Cheers

Daniel

ORIGINAL: ob nut

I'm running 65% Wildcat fuel in all my boats, including my 29" WOF, MAC, Lawless racer. Wildcat uses 18% oil, specs can be viewed at the [link=http://www.wildcatfuels.com/specs.htm]Wildcat Fuel Specs[/link] page.
Old 08-13-2006, 04:43 AM
ob nut

Never heard anyone running 80% nitro. 70% maybe, but nothing higher. Higher the nitro, higher the speeds, higher the maintance, higher the cost.. See the trend?
Old 08-21-2006, 10:03 AM
misshydro

Hi,Here's what my manual said and this is for a .21Leo use good quality commerical fuel contaning 5-15% nitromethane.We recommend you use only castor oil,since synthetic oils are less tolerant of a "lean run" than castor oil.If you do use a synthec-oil fuel,the needle valve should be re-adjusted to a richer setting.the fuel must contain at least 20% lubricant. Thats what my instruction manual said. Now I'm having proublems in finding fuel that has 18-20% oil content.I may have to put castor oil to compansate for the low oil content.The hobby shop around there carrys trinity and side winder and they have a 12% oil content. and I was told that blue thunder leaves dye resado behind. If you guys want to chime on here I'd would apreciate it.Because I'd dont know if I'm right the add extra oil to compansate the low oil content! And I'd was told to run 40% nitro in my motor and my manual said 20%.
Old 08-21-2006, 12:28 PM
Ron Olson

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

I only know of one person crazy (and rich) enough to try really high nitro. Andy Brown tried some 90% but had trouble getting the engine to fire up as you need the methanol to ignite the nitro. He did get it running using lighter fluid to prime it with.
Nitro only does you so much good up to a point. Getting over certain percentages doesn't gain you much speed and in hot weather makes the needle a lot harder to set. Smaller engines like the .21 can fuel nitro easier and faster as it doesn't have a big area to burn. Big-blocks are better off with lower nitro because the unburned fuel just goes out the exhaust.