Notices
Speed - RC Nitro Boats For all your rc nitro fuel burning boating needs.

Miss Vegas

Old 08-17-2006, 11:34 AM
1outlaw

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Miss Vegas

Just wanted to say thanks for all the info....The boat should be here tomorrow and then i can be more hands on with it and understand what you guys are talking about...

I bought this for my son,I figure its a good starter gas boat and im sure he will want it to go faster in know time....I did go ahead and get the turn fin so it will drive easier...

Thanks again and im sure me and my son will have more questions..
Old 08-17-2006, 03:07 PM
Hydro Junkie

Received 130 Likes on 123 Posts
Default RE: Miss Vegas

One thing you can start with is the Miss Vegas IS NOT a gas boat. Gas boats burn a gas/oil mix, while the Vegas burns a nitromethane/oil mix. I know that may sound nit-picky, but it will make a difference on answers your questions will receive if you say gas instead of nitro. Enjoy your new boat
Old 08-17-2006, 07:12 PM
1outlaw

Sorry didnt mean to offend anyone.....I will be more carefull from now on.
Old 08-17-2006, 07:55 PM
piper_chuck
My Feedback: (12)

ORIGINAL: 1outlaw

Sorry didnt mean to offend anyone.....I will be more carefull from now on.
Don't worry, I doubt there was any offense. He was just helping you learn the right terminology. If you're looking to run boats with some other people, it's important that you understand what they mean if they say they run nitro or gas. In general, you'll find that boaters are a very understanding and helpful group, we're all here to help new people learn.
Old 08-17-2006, 09:10 PM
1outlaw

Im not realy a newbee but just takin new interest....Like i said i will be more aware from now on....
Old 08-17-2006, 11:42 PM
Ron Olson
My Feedback: (1)

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

Hey, it happens. Some people don't like others calling engine motors and vice-versa. I had to learn the language myself and had to break the habit of calling engines motors. Motors was just easier to type.
A LHS employee was telling me a story about a complete Newb to nitro R/C trucks. He gets it home and can't get it started. After going through just about everything that he could think of, he asked the person what type of fuel was he using. His reply was "87 octane".
Old 08-18-2006, 06:50 AM
Kelly Miller

can anyone tell me where the cd goes, i know the boat came with a radio but I can't even find the volume knob. I just get a lot of loud static when I start the engine.???????????. sorry could not resist, outlaw I remember reading some of your prvious post and would love share with you what set-up worked for me, and from reading your previous post I can tell you probably have some great ideas of your own, so if they work let me know , Sam needs all the edge he can get HA.... I raced large monos and hydros for years I had a blast putting this boat together for my son. more so than the cars, boats give us so much more to experiment with to get all the speed possible...I think but thats just my opinion.. and you know what they say about opinions and a....... everybody has one.

Can't wait to hear of your first impressions of the boat.

Kelly Miller

Sam Miller Racing
Old 08-18-2006, 10:34 AM
Hydro Junkie

Received 130 Likes on 123 Posts

1Outlaw, I wasn't offended, quite the oposite actually. I have run into people that have a total fit if someone uses wrong terminology, which is what I was trying to point out.