Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Nitro Boats
Reload this Page >

tell my wife please

Notices
Speed - RC Nitro Boats For all your rc nitro fuel burning boating needs.

tell my wife please

Old 08-21-2006, 12:40 AM
miss vegas

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default tell my wife please

i showed my wife the pile off parts that i stripped out of the boat (miss vegas). she couldn't believe i took everything out to do some repairs(minor ones). i did the ca repairs on the loose mounts and braces of the boat. she can't understand why a boat thats only 2 weeks old (10 hours of run time maybe 11) would have to have any repairs done to it. i tried to explain to her that the boat has been rushed through production and somethings could of been dealt with better. i also explained to her about the high revving engine as well as nitro get in the gaps and vibrations that it cause's, as well as the chop in the water all contributed to the parts needing to be rebonded together. i also did ones that looked ok just to make sure after i put it back together that it shouldn't have to come back a part because i over looked something. please help me explain to her that this is maintenance that needed to be done before everything came apart on me. your help with this is greatly appreciated because i just can't seem to make her understand. may she will understand if it come from some more experienced boaters
thanks rob
Old 08-21-2006, 01:28 AM
toyotatruckin

Default RE: tell my wife please

yes wife boats are a money pit with no end!LOL but yes its a 300$ boat with some fixes that need to be done right from the box all RTR boats ive seen should say ARTR and tell her 300 and some fixin is cheaper than building your own to build a good race ready .21 mono you will be looking to spent 700$ on up, thats including a cheap radio and you will still have to put it togather will be a faster better boat but starting out would you want him spend that much and end up trashing it learning to drive, or worse getting board with it and off to ebay it goes in hope to get part of your money back? here show her these websites to get an idea
www.rossisales.com
www.aeromarinerc.com
www.seaducerboats.com
www.whobbies.com <<gas boats
Old 08-21-2006, 01:39 AM
toyotatruckin

Default RE: tell my wife please

oh yeah my wife after all my time in rc has grown ALMOST used to the price of it...LOL what am I saying!! But just think there is alot worse things to spend your money on, AND dont forget to let her know that it is like a savings plan for when your really broke because used rc does sell!!!