Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Nitro Boats
Reload this Page >

Has anyone ran a car/truck nitro engine in their boat?

Notices
Speed - RC Nitro Boats For all your rc nitro fuel burning boating needs.

Has anyone ran a car/truck nitro engine in their boat?

Old 08-22-2006, 04:38 PM
misshydro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Has anyone ran a car/truck nitro engine in their boat?

I was thinking about running a car motor in my hydro boat?My .21 I dont like the hp rating its 1.2.To my opinion that not good.Id saw other .21 that have 2.4hp at 35000.I have a friend that has a .21 pro thunder tiger at is a car motor that I can have.I was wondering if I can get a water cooled head for it and run it or if I couldnt get the head for it I was going to wrap 3 /16 alum tub around the head for water cool head.It's seams that that car motor has more hp,rpms and tork then boat engine. Theres two others boat engines I'm checking out. I'd want you guys oppions on this to!! The one is a thundertiger.21 FSR ABC. the second one is a STS CMB JP Nova Rossi .28.I didnt know how exspencive nitro is. Then for fuel everyone their been telling me to run 40% nitro in my .21. Are you guys running plane fuel.Because I'd found a hobby shop and I'd told him that you guys told me that I'd should run 40%nitro with 18-20% oil mix.He'd told me that the only stuff he has is heli fuel with at content. Please let me know what you think!
Old 08-22-2006, 05:34 PM
Jerry Dunlap

Default RE: Has anyone ran a car/truck nitro engine in their boat?

What hydro are you running. If you can get plenty of air to the head, you can run an aircooled car engine. You can buy O'Donnell's Boat Fuel from Tower Hobbies. Don't believe all the "hype" about hp and rpms engine manufacturers claim. In any motor sport - fast is not cheap.

JD
Old 08-22-2006, 06:02 PM
misshydro

Default RE: Has anyone ran a car/truck nitro engine in their boat?

It's the speed storm hyro that I'd told you guys about that I'd converted over to nitro. Plus I was using traxx fuel 20% and you guys told me to ditch it.Thankgod for you guys telling me this. The hobby shop told me to run this.I'm glad that my engine isnt runnied it's still runs.it said on the back of the traxx can dont run it boats or plaines. My hydro I'd modifed the top cowl to look like the last gen of bud boats the big and long scoop that goes over the cockpit.it's looks cool!! I can see what the bud boats runs this stile.It looks it can catch up serious air with this set up!! When I get this going/strain out I want to repaint it proubley dark purple pearl with ghost flames!! maybe I'll post pic when I'm done.