Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Nitro Boats
Reload this Page >

Miss Vegas, good for me?

Notices
Speed - RC Nitro Boats For all your rc nitro fuel burning boating needs.

Miss Vegas, good for me?

Old 08-26-2006, 12:58 PM
Peterueps

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Miss Vegas, good for me?

Hello over there,

my name is Christian, i am from the Europe, Germany! Therefor sorry for my bad english!
Built about 20 years ago some hydros and outriggers (K&B 3.5 Phonix, Dumas Hot Shots, F1 Tunels with 67 CMB...), I try to restart in boats! Whats abaut the Miss Vegas? It is an stable Boat to drive and tune up (think of an .21 engine with new flex-cable unit)
Please give me some "input", I am "hungry" ... :-)

Greetings Chris
Old 08-26-2006, 01:50 PM
misshydro

Default RE: Miss Vegas, good for me?

Hi, You might rethink about putting a .21 in it. Their a guy on here called slowstang that has a .21 in his Miss BudWiser hydro boat.He's having proublems getting his boat to go. A .21 might be to heavy for the Miss Vegas.All of these boats like Miss Vages and Miss Budwiser are supose to way under 4.6 pounds. Miss Vagas is a good boat to start with. Check out all the info and question that are on the nitro boat forms there alot of them too on the Miss Vegas boat!! I would put a hoter .18 in it. I'm putting a Chang Yang VX-18 it has 4.000 to 40.000 rpms!! Go to ebay stores boat parts and you can see it and it cost 65 US dollars that includes shipping too.[8D] Hope this help you.
Old 08-26-2006, 05:44 PM
Jerry Dunlap

ORIGINAL: Peterueps

Hello over there,

my name is Christian, i am from the Europe, Germany! Therefor sorry for my bad english!
Built about 20 years ago some hydros and outriggers (K&B 3.5 Phonix, Dumas Hot Shots, F1 Tunels with 67 CMB...), I try to restart in boats! Whats abaut the Miss Vegas? It is an stable Boat to drive and tune up (think of an .21 engine with new flex-cable unit)
Please give me some "input", I am "hungry" ... :-)

Greetings Chris
With upgrading the flex drive to 3/16", and redoing the engine mounts, installing a bigger fuel tank, the Miss Vegas can be run with a 21 size engine. Russ Williamson, AquaCraft Product Manager, is running an O.S. VZM in a Miss Vegas hull that I converted for IMPBA Sport 20 Hydro.

The easiest way to upgrade the power souce is to get an O.S. 18 CVR-M because it will slip right into the existing motor mounts. Terry Mumm has posted his results with this engine on the "Make it Fast" thread.

JD
Old 08-27-2006, 09:31 AM
Bruce Frost

Check out *******************.com in the products area then click on Miss Vegas. He sells a tricked out O.S. 18 for the Miss Vegas that he is getting high 40's low 50's speed out of it. Plus he has several other parts for sale and he says he ships internationally.
Old 08-27-2006, 01:59 PM
Peterueps

Hello overthere,

tanks for your "input"! I will take advice and look for a dealer to germany!
I think, the Miss Vegas is a great boat, good for me and to tuned up! :-)

Greetings Chris, who reads your "monster-thread- make the miss vegas faster..."