Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Nitro Boats
Reload this Page >

rudder systems

Notices
Speed - RC Nitro Boats For all your rc nitro fuel burning boating needs.

rudder systems

Old 09-02-2006, 04:42 PM
claytonrduvall

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default rudder systems

i was looking at getting a new rudder system for my boat and was not sure what one to pick

http://www.marinespecialties-rc.com/hbrinfo.htm

or

http://www.easycart.net/whobbies/Drive_Systems.html

just wanting to know if any one has used this items before and what you would recommend , thanks clay
Old 09-02-2006, 10:53 PM
Hydro Junkie

Received 130 Likes on 123 Posts
Default RE: rudder systems

it would help to know what kind of boat we ar looking at since boats respond differently to rudder configuration depending on the hull type
Old 09-03-2006, 01:58 PM
claytonrduvall

sorry about that it is gonig on a 36 inch deep vee boat, i was kinda liking the dual set up. idea , being able to turn left or right at the same degree sounds good , its not gonig to be a race boat but it does have a 7.5cc k&b motor in it. was not sure, just needing some help thanks clay
Old 09-03-2006, 06:29 PM
Jerry Dunlap

ORIGINAL: claytonrduvall

sorry about that it is gonig on a 36 inch deep vee boat, i was kinda liking the dual set up. idea , being able to turn left or right at the same degree sounds good , its not gonig to be a race boat but it does have a 7.5cc k&b motor in it. was not sure, just needing some help thanks clay
For what it's worth - No one who runs 7.5 deep vees in competitive events runs dual rudders. There may be a reason for that since racing vees basically only make right hand turns. I've run lots of vees and I've never had any reason to consider dual rudders. I'm not saying dual rudders aren't worth the investement. I just have never seen the reason for two rudders when one does the job.

JD
Old 09-03-2006, 06:30 PM
unclecrash

I like the looks of the double rudder if your not going to race it. Or find a setup with the rudder directlt centered behind the prop. I have a boat with rudder offset to side and it will turn harder one way than the other. I would try to find a one rudder setup for less weight less drag. Dave
Old 09-03-2006, 06:58 PM
claytonrduvall

what setups do you guys , or any other ideas than those two i listed, thansk again clay, i also like hte look of the dual rudder system, i know it gives you more drag , it just looks more uniform, thanks