Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Nitro Boats
Reload this Page >

RTR Hydro class rules.

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Nitro Boats For all your rc nitro fuel burning boating needs.

RTR Hydro class rules.

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2006, 12:01 PM
BUDMAN27

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: RTR Hydro class rules.

OK.
Old 09-20-2006, 12:04 PM
Hydro Junkie

Received 130 Likes on 123 Posts

Does this mean you agree with me?
Old 09-20-2006, 01:06 PM
330T

allow only commin tuning, shorten pipe, props, add remove weight. But dont allow any thing to be removed from the boat, and stock hardware
Old 09-22-2006, 10:50 AM
BUDMAN27

Well I have good news. The Lone Star Boat Club is going to let me run in the Oct. 7 and 8 th. race using my AMA + 10 dollars. I tell you this INTERNET sight is the best thing since sliced bread. Thanks Piper Chuck. [8D]
Old 09-22-2006, 03:32 PM
misshydro

Ok a stupped Question or not!! Why dont you guys/clubs let the proboats run the same .18 that in the Vegas to keep the compantion close? It's like taking a stock 305 chevy and race to a 327 chevy=alittle unfair here is'nt?
Old 09-22-2006, 04:23 PM
BUDMAN27

I agree with you misshydro ,but sense I am racing for the first time and this RTR class is brand new and they still have a lot of bugs to work out I,m willing to run the Elam stock for now. I bet they would still let me run if I put a .18 in it ,but I just paid 300+ dollars for this boat so I want to get my moneys worth out of this engine be for I go and spend money just to keep up with the other guy. [8D]
Old 09-22-2006, 10:29 PM
piper_chuck
My Feedback: (12)

ORIGINAL: BUDMAN27
I bet they would still let me run if I put a .18 in it ,but I just paid 300+ dollars for this boat so I want to get my moneys worth out of this engine be for I go and spend money just to keep up with the other guy. [8D]
And this is the main reason so many of us are trying to get a stock class in place. People should be able to buy a package and run it without having to go spend $85 on a new engine, $40 on a new tuned pipe, etc.

The rules we're putting in place include dividing up boats by "class" depending on interest level. In other words, if 6 .15 size hydros show up, it would be good for a club to make that a specific class. However, if they then had a couple .18s show up, most likely they'll all be put in the same class. Over time, this is going to become a case of survival of the fittest. People will want the boat that's the most fun. Since speed and winning races is fun to some of us, the boat that is best able to do this stands a good chance of becoming more popular. If this whole RTR racing concept catches on, the manufacturers will notice and offer faster boats. This will ultimately benefit all of us.
Old 09-22-2006, 10:30 PM
piper_chuck

ORIGINAL: BUDMAN27

Well I have good news. The Lone Star Boat Club is going to let me run in the Oct. 7 and 8 th. race using my AMA + 10 dollars. I tell you this INTERNET sight is the best thing since sliced bread. Thanks Piper Chuck. [8D]
Glad to have helped. For next year you might want to join the boat organization that's most common in your area. Also note that the IMPBA offers a discount if you sign up before a deadline. Don't know if NAMBA offers the same thing or not.
Old 09-22-2006, 10:40 PM
Ron Olson
My Feedback: (1)

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

No, it's not a stupid question as I brought that same one up over at the other site. Where the problem lies is that if you allow someone to swap in a bigger engine that they'll go overboard and drop in a high-performance mill. I suggested for those that blow engines (the Aquacraft .15 has a problem breaking cranks) that the replacement engines have a certain street price, say for instance, under $100.00 . This would keep people from dumping in a $300.00 .18 engine as a replacement.
The rules are going to have to be designed for use by the RTR monos and Cat's on the market also.
There will be other questions that will have to be answered. What constitutes mass-produced? Should there be a minimum amount of boats that have to be made or sold to say that it's a RTR boat?
We have to think of the long-term affects of a RTR class as right now we're basically discussing the under .21 hydro's but next will be the under .21 monos and cats. THEN we'll have to deal with the ones with .28's and .32's. What .28's you say? I can't say at the moment either right now.
Things would have been a lot easier if the manufacturers built boats to already existing classes instead of what I like to call the 'tweeners, too big for the "A" class but not really big enough to run in the "B" class competitively.
Old 09-22-2006, 10:49 PM
misshydro

I wish proboat get there heads out of their butts and start putting .18 in there boat and improving the quality of there boats! I wish somebody from proboat would read/listen To us about boat improvement's!!!Apically the price there charging for them! Why cant there be a motor class size to run in. Like NASCAR,all the car are running about the same cubic inc class and hp to keep it a level playing field.[8D]
Old 09-23-2006, 12:47 PM
Bruce Frost

Manufacturer's building like equipment would make classifying a RTR class easy. Hopefully we can get something going and then they will realize they need to make boats your can classify together. If they don't they will be left behind. If we all get behind this I do not see how anyone could ignore these classes.

Chuck, Kelly Any luck with getting those rules hammered out yet!!!????
Old 09-23-2006, 01:01 PM
Ron Olson

We're going to see one manufacturer come out with a type of hull then another will see it and say "We can build an bigger and faster one for the same cost or less" then we're right back where we started.
Peoplle are thinking that there are only two manufacturers that we're talking about but there is a third one that could be thrown into this mix, the Purple Light boats from out of China with their wannabe Miss Bud and Tide boats.
Old 09-23-2006, 08:25 PM
misshydro

The purple light boats from China. At least there Miss Bud hydro have .18 and alot of upgrades and as it looks made better then the Proboats version of Miss Bud. When will proboats wake up from dream land and start making the same quality/up grades as the Chines Miss Bud?! What happends if I'd bought one of these Chines Miss Bud and raced it in the same class as the .15 proboats and Miss Vegas. The proboat Miss Bud will have a proublem in keeping up. That why I'd brought up the point on letting the proboat but .18 in them.But You can Make a rule that say on what make/brand/manufactor of .18 you can run in the race to keep the playing field level.
Old 09-23-2006, 09:45 PM
1outlaw

At this point for me!!...I like RTR..I really dont want to see the rules become a mess....My intention on this was to get my son into it(which he is) as well as dad....Im currrently waiting on adm. to let me post on the other sight (been 7 days now apparently he's on vacation)....Whats being said over there is dead on especially today. Dont complicate things and dont treat it as a stepchild...My bigger issue for us personally is there are no IMPBA clubs near me and reading NAMBA rules the vegas doesnt even fit into the 21 hydro rules with the drive dog being behind the transom..[]..This is my closest club..[]....Im going to there races in Oct. and will get some info then...The pond where alot of guys run i will start to see if theres enough incentive to get them into a local club.....Heck we live in the freakin swamp....Theres water retention on every corner....You cant find boats and water to run them we have a problem....[sm=lol.gif]

Just to add some thoughts on modding is where does it stop and end???....We run no drain plug and drilled more holes for water drainage is this a mod????......

Like i said i will have definant numbers in the vegas thread about the changes in speed on mods.....
Old 09-23-2006, 10:28 PM
Bruce Frost

Outlaw
I had to write an email to the admin on Intlwaters to get turned on. As soon I did this I was turned on quickly.

You are right, the other site has its finger on the rules and how they should be established. If you want to put in your input go look at what they are talking about. I put the site on post 2 or 3 on this thread. Its worth the time to read it. Piper and Kelly are spear heading the effort which should be a good thing.
Old 09-23-2006, 11:13 PM
misshydro

There no IMPBA near me either! That I know of.I dont have to worry about swamp around here.There aboundence Of ponds around here.It's finding the right one to play in that doesnt have,do not trust pass sign on them And others that cops dont chase you off .I got two to play in now.One small one to do my boat test in and the other to let My boat run wide open in. There is a boat club here but there electric no nitro they dont like nitro boats,That what I'd heard from other people and hobby shops. I'm the only girl who's running nitro boat around here. All I was saying is Make a motor class size to race even with. It's sad when you have a Miss Bud with a .15 in it and you have to race against the Miss Vegas with a .18 and race against the Chines Miss Bud with a .18 and alot of up grades from the factory in it. If you aloud the proboat with the .18 but they got to be from a certain/company/manufacture and motor specks, Like NASCAR they all got the same cid and hp to keep the playing field level. I'm not trying to beat a horse dead on this issue.I was asking/sudjesting about it.[8D]
Old 09-23-2006, 11:33 PM
Ron Olson

Here's the link to the discussion on this subject on International Waters, http://www.intlwaters.com/index.php?...howtopic=17257
According to this site's rules, you can post to a link that covers the subject at hand if it helps to answer questions but not to the site in general. Hey, I didn't make the rules in here and I know that it must sound silly at times but that's the rules in here. I didn't make them so please don't shoot the messenger.

Misshydro, I don't know where St. Mary's is in Ohio but there are a few in your state. Go to the IMPBA site, www.impba.net and go to District 2. You might find a closer site in District 14.
Old 09-24-2006, 07:02 AM
piper_chuck

ORIGINAL: misshydro

There no IMPBA near me either! That I know of.I dont have to worry about swamp around here.There aboundence Of ponds around here.It's finding the right one to play in that doesnt have,do not trust pass sign on them And others that cops dont chase you off .I got two to play in now.One small one to do my boat test in and the other to let My boat run wide open in. There is a boat club here but there electric no nitro they dont like nitro boats,That what I'd heard from other people and hobby shops.
This is an important comment to address. If a club has chosen to run electric only, it may be due to noise issues at their site. If this is the case, there's not much one can do. However, if it's just a preference for electric and/or gas, it could just be a preference. It's important to not believe rumors. Contact the leaders of the club to find out the real situation. Often, people get the wrong impression from talking with someone who doesn't know the facts. Even if they can't let a nitro boat run, perhaps the noise issue I mentioned, if they're part of organized racing they may know another site where they can be run.
I'm the only girl who's running nitro boat around here. All I was saying is Make a motor class size to race even with. It's sad when you have a Miss Bud with a .15 in it and you have to race against the Miss Vegas with a .18 and race against the Chines Miss Bud with a .18 and alot of up grades from the factory in it. If you aloud the proboat with the .18 but they got to be from a certain/company/manufacture and motor specks, Like NASCAR they all got the same cid and hp to keep the playing field level. I'm not trying to beat a horse dead on this issue.I was asking/sudjesting about it.[8D]
I hear you. There's going to have to be a balance between writing flexible rules, that don't need to change every time a company decides to come out with a new size, and simple rules that accommodate different classes.
Old 09-24-2006, 01:03 PM
misshydro

I know what your saying,But Chuck,How long has proboat been maken this hydro boat?Plus how long Miss Vegas has been in production? It's just like NASCAR the rules change every year do to vehicles manufactor new models/body change or motor to chassie.Or do to new spoiler,chassie/adjustable coil overs to front end/lower/hight change to tires issue.I know buy all this is BS but their trying to keep the playing field level. Please dont kill on this I was just trying to bring up a good point. And I wasnt trying to kill the messenger,Ron just addressing some good points/questions.
Old 09-24-2006, 02:27 PM
piper_chuck

Actually, the Vegas came out this year. If I gave the impression I'm trying to kill the idea, or discussion, I messed up. Not trying to do either. At this point, we all need to discuss things to determine what's going to work best.

A concern I have about writing specific boats into rules is they will become obsolete. Another concern is that if you say the boats MUST be divided by model, what does a club do when they have 2 .15 buds and 2 .18 Vegas boats? Most would agree it's not practical to run them separately, takes too much time. Until there's a good number of RTR boats showing up at a club, it's hard to determine what will work best.

This morning I tweaked the draft rules a bit to enhance the way clubs dived the classes, based on the quantity that are running. It will probably change, but right now it says "Racing may be separated by manufacturer, model, propulsion type and sizes, average cost, or potential speed, if sufficient boats are entered.". Is this wording going in the direction of what you're describing?
Old 09-24-2006, 07:08 PM
misshydro

I know what your saying,But if the rules stay,Then you guys that have the Miss Bud style hydro be aspecting to get you butts spanked at these races against the Miss Vegas.If I'm going to race and I dont want to be spanked badly and try to have some edge on the Vegas the BEST BET is to get the CHINES MISS BUDWEISER HYDRO!! it has the .18 all the better up grades then the proboat. I wonder If all of us who owns the Miss Bud style hydro called proboat and talk to them nicely and asked then if they would start considering butting .18 in their boat.If they do then the one who doesnt have the .18 in them. they could order one from proboat and put one in their boat.That should be legal.all it would be is a factory up grade. I know that some of you guy dont like the Chines stuff. There doing some that were lacking since the 60's 70's is quaitly of making good products.We'd made awsume cars back then with real steal!!and big motors!! Now we live in a world of making cheep junk at cost to much money!! Where ower heads at!! US has lost it's good quailty in maken good thing!! If things keep up Toyota is going to be number one in automaker in the world.GM and Ford are talking about emerging together=That's a scarry thought. Sorry That I'd got off the subject alittle bit. But that my oppion stupid or not.[8D]
Old 09-24-2006, 08:35 PM
Massey

I would be all for this except for one little problem that I see. This would be a bunch of Miss Vegas boats on the lake and none of the ProBoat offerings due to the speed of the Vegas out of the box. They are both really good boats but those of us that own the Miss Bud, Miss Llumar and Miss Elam are at a huge disadvantage over the Miss Vegas. Now if these classes were split between hull types that would solve this problem but add another, Not enough people with either boat for a class. I just put a .18 in my Miss Elam and I am hoping that I can keep up with the Miss Vegas that showes up at the lake every now and then when I run there. His boat is running the same engine as me so it would be the hull and driver making the race between us more than the engine. Another solution to this is any hull RTR racing together with others of the same engine as you. That would put the .18s together and the .15s together and the boats would be a little more equal.

Just my $.02 like the rest of you

Massey
Old 09-24-2006, 08:48 PM
dirtysouth31

cant we all just get alongthere defenitly has to be some division of boats.chuck knows that when i went to local club i was told i would run with the riggers.now thats fairbut its because there is not enough 1/12 hydros running around to make a class.i spoke to don ferrette this morning and he picked up a vegas and so did some other people so next season we will have a class to run in.if you keep your boat stock then run with other stock boats.if you mod it than you get bumped up to sport 20 class.if you want to hang with the big boys than dont be scared to play with them..i know you guys can back me up on this one,as long as you finish than you will place.and im game whenever your ready massey
Old 09-24-2006, 11:39 PM
misshydro

You said that running againt the riggers was unfair plus there wasnt enough 1/12 hydro to run against.Well geez I wonder why,could it be the Vegas has a unfair advantage over us Miss Bud style hydro!!! I never saw a rc nitro boat race,But if it like the real ones and NASCAR.the slow one will get left behind or get smashed/nocked out of the race because there to slow.Now is that fair?! There some of you guy that agree with me on this issue. That why I'd said let us put the .18 in our pro hydro boat,But you guys set the rule on what motor manufacter/company that has the same motor spec as the vegas one. I mean that it shouldnt be that hard to do that way? But if the rules stay the way they are, then maybe we should get the CHINSE MISS BUD HYDRO! it has the .18 in it plus it has better up grades then the proboats hydros.and it's out of the box factory done! Then we would have an edge on the Vegas. Thats my oppion stupped or not.[>:]
Old 09-24-2006, 11:48 PM
Ron Olson

Would you rather see a Sport 18 hydro class instead of a RTR class? This way people could put any engine up to .189 cubic inches into the boats and do whatever they want with the engines, pipes and whatever else with the basics being using the mass-produced hulls?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.