Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Nitro Boats
Reload this Page >

SHOCKWAVE36 (Florida tuning)

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Nitro Boats For all your rc nitro fuel burning boating needs.

SHOCKWAVE36 (Florida tuning)

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2006, 04:56 AM
speedmonkey411

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SHOCKWAVE36 (Florida tuning)

does any one have the needle settings for a "tuned" shockwave 36 in florida thanks also if not will some one explain how the heck i turn the needle with a screw driver without burning my self on the pipe because its right in the way of the needle HOPEFULLY SOMEONE HAS SETTINGS THANKS ALL
Old 10-18-2006, 05:25 AM
saleens7

Default RE: SHOCKWAVE36 (Florida tuning)

well, what i would do it turn the screw when the engine is off, and wear a thick glove or an oven mit yo keep from being burned.

i happen to live in florida and have a SW36, but i dont really know what it should be tuned like. even after 6 tanks, i still dont have it right. way too humid here, and i happen to live 2 miles from the glades, so i thnk i got it worse. i swear, in the afternoon, there is almost 90% humidity, sometimes i dont even need to drink, if i just breath outside air long enough, ill have drank the amout froma glass of water, FROM THE AIR!!

enough venting, also speedmonkey, how come your high speed needle is where your pipe is, mine is on the other side, or have i been messign with the low speed needle[:@][sm=confused.gif], no wonder my boat runs like **** when i throttle it.
Old 10-19-2006, 04:28 AM
speedmonkey411

well that means the both of us need help anyone?
Old 10-19-2006, 05:30 AM
saleens7

i dont know.

once i get the boat properly tuned, then ill post the right settings.
Old 10-21-2006, 05:02 PM
Flabum

Did someone put the carb on backwards? The picture from the factory shows the needle on the opposite side from the pipe.
Old 12-18-2006, 08:38 PM
Shockwaver

speedmonkey 411 try low speed setting around 2 3/4 high speed at 3 1/4 working great for me mc9 plug 25% odonell fuel Im in davie area good luck let me know if this helped The manual says set both around 2 1/2 when i got my boat new the low speed was around 4 turns out i made a custom screwdriver to fit in the low speed. now set the high speed around 2 3/4 and make adjustments 1/8 of a turn at a time till you get her right if your using 20%
Old 12-20-2006, 09:01 PM
2manyhobbys

I have a thundercat (same engine) I have found that the dynamite engines like it rich I set the needles to the factory settings then (against most thoughts) I start to fatten the motors I found that a home flushing system (fuel tubing and some fittings hooked to a spicket) allow me to set the low and mid ranges on the stand the high speed must be done under load Im in south west Fl let me know if it helps.