Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Nitro Boats
Reload this Page >

Tuned Pipe lengths

Notices
Speed - RC Nitro Boats For all your rc nitro fuel burning boating needs.

Tuned Pipe lengths

Old 11-11-2006, 05:18 PM
J T

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tuned Pipe lengths

I bought the CEN racing pipe & manifold for my Aquajet the other day because i'd threaded the long screw that ran through the middle of the stock exhaust, I tightened it too much.

I've fitted the pipe and modified the hatch so it fits perfect. The tube that fits on back of the pipe is about 20cm long. How short should i cut this? or should i not use it at all? at the moment it's sticking out 20cm behind my boat. the pipe on it's own reaches just short of the back of the boat. From the centre of the manifold to the end of the pipe and tube measures 39cm.
Old 11-11-2006, 08:46 PM
Jerry Dunlap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Tuned Pipe lengths

I generally extend exhaust tubes about 10 cm past the transom, but 20 cm isn't going to make a difference one way or the other.

JD
Old 04-14-2007, 04:29 PM
jetpack
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Tuned Pipe lengths

Here's a pipe length sheet I keep that OPS put out. It might help someone, and does give a general picture of whats going on with pipe lengths when you start changing nito content and rpm ranges.

Remember, this is refering to OPS pipes, others might be a little different on the larger diameter or cone shapes which also should be taken in consideration, but I guess they could be used as ballpark figures. I'm no expert on pipes yet so use your judgement or ask more questions.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Lj23817.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	65.7 KB
ID:	664148