Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Nitro Boats
Reload this Page >

Traxxas Nitro Deep-V ????'s

Notices
Speed - RC Nitro Boats For all your rc nitro fuel burning boating needs.

Traxxas Nitro Deep-V ????'s

Old 11-12-2006, 02:18 AM
Rayolamps

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Traxxas Nitro Deep-V ????'s

Well I now have 3 boats in less than a month! A Prather Deep-V, Dumas Big swamp buggy. And now a used Traxxas Deep-V nitro, 31 inch. Had it out on the water today and the nose was up in the air and the back Down in the water and taking some in. I know this is not the way she should ride! I checked it out and the kid I got it from adjusted the prop shaft and hardware on the loose side, the prop would move almost 3/8 inch in and out of the prop shaft housing.
I,m guessing that would bring the nose up in the air real bad???? Bogging down???

1- At what angle should the prop shaft be in regards to the hull???

2- What mods can I do to improve this little boat??? Best I can tell it is stock.

3- Where can I get performance parts??? (A search brings up sellers, but no performance parts??)

4th and last- Where can I get the prop nut for my old Prather deep-V, not a traxxas ? but thought I would throw it in here, Noticed its missing and the only thing holding it on the shaft is a small peice of fuel line slid over the shaft, need trim strut rods and hardware too!

Guess I'm not going to run out of boats soon?

Old 11-12-2006, 11:44 AM
Ron Olson
My Feedback: (1)

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts
Default RE: Traxxas Nitro Deep-V ????'s

Do a search in here and you'll find a thread on improving the Nitro-Vee's performance. It is slow getting out of the hole as there is a lot of weight to haul with the onboard starter and the RTS system.
Old 11-12-2006, 02:22 PM
pedaladdictions

hi ray, there are 2 places i found to find parts , 92 n wads hobbytown, very limited parts but does carry few traxxasboat parts, the other is thompsons hobby on 17th n wads, they have a largs selectiom of props,cables,nuts,dogs rudders etc, he's had everything i needed on the spot.. very reasonable pricing also
Old 11-12-2006, 04:54 PM
Rayolamps

Yea I have been to Hobbytown more times than I can count, Will try the other place sometime this week if I can?
Thanks for the info!