Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Nitro Boats
Reload this Page >

Whiplash 20 Hydro the making...

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Nitro Boats For all your rc nitro fuel burning boating needs.

Whiplash 20 Hydro the making...

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2007, 07:18 PM
wave waker

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Whiplash 20 Hydro the making...

ORIGINAL: misshydro

Well that could be an idea!! Or smoken Joes or somthing like that!! Turbine style cowl!!

misshydro,

since u got the talent of modding, do some sketch for a turbine look cowling and post it here,for favor please....
Old 09-09-2007, 09:11 PM
misshydro

What the measurement on it?? This would give me the idea on size/scale of that boat!!Oh mine will have the tail fins and maybe the horrizonal wing too!! To be different then anyone eles
Old 09-10-2007, 07:59 AM
gooycheese

I will say that I have seen some extremely fast sport 20 boats and none have the turbine cowl, this boat was designed for speed and I would think the more you add to the top the more top heavy it will be. If you see the cowl on Chris Woods (Whiplash) or David Preusse's (own design) sport 20's they are very sleek. It is cool to want to make them different looking but this boat was designed to go fast, not look like a true turbine with a wing. Here is a pic of the D4 Championships Sport 20 Winners, if ya notice a Modded Miss Vegas took 3rd overall and David is in the middle with his own designed Sport 20.

Paul
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Zx72168.jpg
Views:	109
Size:	92.7 KB
ID:	760193  
Old 09-10-2007, 10:00 AM
misshydro

Who's design is the guy on the left holding??that has a tubine cowl!!Is that Dave's design?? These boat are the same size as the vegas!! Hay maybe mod the vegas cowl to fit??!!!
Old 09-10-2007, 03:23 PM
gooycheese

I think the boat on the left is a Phil Thomas boat, but you don't seam to understand they don't use wings and they are trying to get the boats as close to the water as possible.

Paul
Old 09-10-2007, 04:00 PM
misshydro

I wont run the wing if I dont have to!! But I would like to run my V tail fins thow!!!
Old 09-13-2007, 11:23 AM
MORE SPEED

Would this boat be any good because I want something fast, under £180 when finished and easy-ish to build. I built an electric monohull last year, but I now want to step up to nitro. Also could you recommend what other bits I would need please.

Many Thanks

MORE SPEED
Old 09-13-2007, 12:20 PM
ralph289

Looks like a great boat to me and seems to really run fast but that .21 CMB Valvola 06 red head engine is a little pricey, wonder if any one has tried one with another engine, I'm sure it wouldn't be as fast. That CMB engine is a great engine just a little on the expensive side.
Ralph
Old 09-13-2007, 03:07 PM
Dan S

Paul is right,

The green hydro on the left is a Phil Thomas SSP 21 with the turbine cowl, I have the same boat but with the Stealth cowl.

As for size comparison between the SSP 21 and the Vegas:

Vegas is 1/2" longer than the SSP 21,

Vegas Transom width = 10"
SSP21 Transom width = 9 3/4"

Vegas sponsons width = 13"
SSP21 sponsons width = 15 1/2"

those are just the basic dimensions theres a lot more to the rest of the design that makes the SSP21 stand out compared to the Vegas.
Now, lets get back on track, this is about the Whiplash.

Dan.
Old 09-13-2007, 10:37 PM
wave waker

ORIGINAL: ralph289

Looks like a great boat to me and seems to really run fast but that .21 CMB Valvola 06 red head engine is a little pricey, wonder if any one has tried one with another engine, I'm sure it wouldn't be as fast. That CMB engine is a great engine just a little on the expensive side.
Ralph
beside CMB i'm leaning to OS .21 VZM...engine with front or rear exhaust will fit.

i'm satisfied of handling , stability and speed of this boat, but right now my problem is i can't run the engine consistently fast, i mean it won't stay on pipe...need more time tweakin.
Old 09-13-2007, 10:44 PM
terry kelly

ORIGINAL: wave waker

ORIGINAL: ralph289

Ralph
beside CMB i'm leaning to OS .21 VZM...engine with front or rear exhaust will fit.

i'm satisfied of handling , stability and speed of this boat, but right now my problem is i can't run the engine consistently fast, i mean it won't stay on pipe...need more time tweakin.
the valvola can be bought right now on ebay fro 378.99 the os i think it is 299.99 i would use the cmb .. jmo
Old 09-14-2007, 07:00 AM
MORE SPEED

Can any of you list any decent radio gear (allready have a transmitter) engine and any other stuffthat I will need (not including epoxy etc) for under £150
Old 09-14-2007, 09:52 PM
wave waker

ORIGINAL: MORE SPEED

Can any of you list any decent radio gear (allready have a transmitter) engine and any other stuffthat I will need (not including epoxy etc) for under £150

u'l need:
motor mount, rudder set, prop strut set by Speedmaster recommended, brass tubing for 3/16 flexshaft, flexshaft, fuel tank(made by tin can), any FM 3 channel radio will do, so it's up to ur preference.
Old 09-19-2007, 12:12 AM
Ron Olson
My Feedback: (1)

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

Brian had a box full of them this past weekend at the Gas Nat's in Celina, Ohio. They were only packaged in plastic bags and I didn't see the cowlings unless he had them inside his trailer. I was really close to grabbing one up myself!
I did peek through the instruction manual and it doesn't look too bad to build as long as you have a flat surface to work on.
Old 10-09-2007, 07:12 PM
terry kelly

well today i was kicking around the garage and "remember i have like 20 some odd boats" and i stumbled across a box on the floor that evedently the ups man left there and opened it up and it was my whiplash kit... man did that make my day. i am still waiting on the cowl, flexshaft, and turn fin from brian , but man it is here. just wondering if anyone else's cam in no box just a bag? not a big deal as long as it is all there.. gonna check that out in a bit. i got all the speedmaster hardware he recommended and am ready to rock out on this one. gotta finish my suicide mini v on a healthy dose of 11.1 lipo 5900 kv motor and steel u joints that keep breaking.lol. i almost look forward to winter so i can just chill out and build. i will keep you all posted on the results and will be thankful for any advise.

terminator
Old 10-09-2007, 10:45 PM
Rick Sowell
My Feedback: (2)

Terry: I am glad you got your boat I have had two kits with cowls ordered since the 18th of July and all I have is the credit card bill that has been paid a long time ago. I get promises that I am third on his list and have yet to see any kits. I see you ordered yours in the first part of Sept. that list must start at the bottom and work up? hope I can get something for the money I spent. Rick
Old 10-10-2007, 06:17 AM
Believe It
Banned

nice build.... something nice as well caught my eye in the pics on first page, what do those beadlock wheels go on?
Old 10-10-2007, 06:49 AM
danman aus

that is the sexiest boat ive ever seen[sm=tongue_smile.gif]
enough said

cheers,dan