Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Nitro Boats
Reload this Page >

1 twisted hammer(update)

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Nitro Boats For all your rc nitro fuel burning boating needs.

1 twisted hammer(update)

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2006, 03:30 PM
jdoug

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 1 twisted hammer(update)

the X435 is 35mm dia. with less pitch than the Y535.
Old 12-07-2006, 11:34 PM
unclecrash

I would go bigger with the prop you got to remember that about half the prop is out the water on the surface drive. So I dont know what the boart weights but its going to take some prop to get it moving. Like I say mine is 24in. 2-1/2 pound and with the x442 it dont even need a push hardly it jumps right up and goes. Heres a pic to give you an idea hoe it goes with the 442 on it
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Jh14839.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	175.1 KB
ID:	573607  
Old 12-08-2006, 07:19 AM
gooycheese

The sv27 we got here has an x440-3 which is a pretty big prop for a 27 inch boat.

Paul
Old 12-08-2006, 08:02 AM
Sean Bowf

If this thing was sent to TL to soup up...shouldnt it have come back with the best prop for the setup on it?

Sean
Old 12-08-2006, 09:01 AM
RedBullVegas

Old 12-08-2006, 10:01 AM
andrewhendler

That seems to happen alot
Old 12-08-2006, 10:34 AM
RedBullVegas

Post is Obscolete.
Old 12-08-2006, 12:05 PM
ryan_t888

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I don't quite understand your post.

The boat looks great, and the hardware was setup very well. In my opinion the prop is not matched to this boat causing the unexpected prop slippage.

OK, very simple probelem to fix, has absolutely nothing to do with user error. Let's not start pointing fingers. Everyone in this thread has explained that the boat needs a larger prop. Props are cheap, can never have too many, should be an easy fix.

Ryan
Old 12-08-2006, 12:07 PM
Nitro Kid
My Feedback: (9)

Where did you get the hardware for it?
Old 12-08-2006, 12:08 PM
ryan_t888

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Read the first part of this thread.

....Like i said it was all done by twisted liquid for my son.....
Ryan
Old 12-08-2006, 12:14 PM
1outlaw

What are you talking about????Operator error????...So my sons RTR boat isnt RTR anymore...I have to figure out what prop it needs to run right....You sir have no idea what your talking about at all...I have posted this here and thats it...Whatever your talking about posting this chit on e-bay is outlandish....Do you think i dont know what im doing with these boats???....I have right now 15 boats....3 nitros and the rest are gas....This isnt rocket science you know.

Oh your the one that dug this up yesterday...This was on page 2 or 3 why would you bring it back to the top???
IMO the boat should have been RTR when it arrived to me...When it got here to me the strut was bent as well as the flex drive...I told James about it and he said file a insurance claim on it...I said no i thought it was fixable...Not once did James offer to send a new strut...He has e-mailed me and wants to know why i didnt contact him about it...When i did....I did fix it but the boat runs the way it does.......What would you think that operator error is?????????
Old 12-08-2006, 12:37 PM
RedBullVegas

Post is Obscolete.
Old 12-08-2006, 12:49 PM
1outlaw

HUH???......I didnt post that.....My e-bay username is jasonm8972 and i live in naples florida....You are way off base..
Now why would i want a free strut????...All i wanted was the boat dude....I fixed the strut the strut....James stated in his e-mail why didnt i contact him so he could send me a new strut...I did contact him he didnt offer anything until yesterday at the same time you brought this too the top.....What is your agenda here????
Old 12-08-2006, 12:56 PM
RedBullVegas

post deleted
Old 12-08-2006, 01:00 PM
piper_chuck
My Feedback: (12)

Redbullvegas, he bought service and parts from a vendor. The boat is not performing up to expectations. He is here asking for help getting the boat to perform. Please stop trying to discredit him and let the thread get back to the subject of getting his boat running.

Oh and if you have a business relationship with the company in question, please follow RCU posting guidelines and make note of it in your signature so others will know where you're coming from.
Old 12-08-2006, 03:31 PM
1outlaw

I have one last thing to say....Its funny that you posted a link to another dissatisfied T.L. customer....[sm=lol.gif]

Now does anyone have a prop or two that i could try????...I would appreciate the help...
Old 12-08-2006, 03:34 PM
TLR
Banned

Jason has it right...the prop was wrong. In the shipping of this boat it was damaged, not sure this was mentioned. But I was told the strut was bent to one side 45 degrees and looking at the photos posted here, I see the problem is not fixed yet completly, the brackets are still bent. Unless Jason has corrected it. This will cause the boat to go and turn out.

Piper is right, as most people have seen there is high tention here on RCU. It is not ment to bash, but in most cases we feel we cant defend ourselves because of numerous reasons. Like post deleting and editing. Well to get passed all that we just want Jason sons hammer fixed and running as it was when it left TLR. I would like to take a second to make afew comments about this whole matter at hand.

R/C boats can be fun and in some cases a real pain. Some of you know what I mean. Good days at the track are long forgotten before bad days. In most cases and I am guilty of this, fustration kills the fun. Losing is never a good feeling. When you make a mistake you try to fix it. But when you go to fixing it, sometimes the out come is not what you exspected. I have completed over 45 GET HOOKED boats for kids, this is the first one with any issue. And like any issue we learn of, we try to resolve the best we can. I think this post went wrong from the start. as the builder I am being placed as a person who made a kids boat not run. People have slashed at me, others have slashed at others, but the fact is no one has asked about the kid. I am not here to air dirty laundry, but Jason is a real person and so am I. I am sure Jason will stated sometimes real life issues mix with R/C ones. So here is my open commitment for all to see, and Jason already know this. If he is not happy, with this Hammer, we have offered to replace it with a brand new one stock. This offer was made to Jason when he first received the Hammer back and there was shipping damage, but Jason said no I will fix it. This is what i see him trying to do. And with that said, we look forward to the out come. I have a passion to help kids, always have. Its real important we leave a good impression, because with good impressions, you end up with champions.
Old 12-08-2006, 03:39 PM
TLR
Banned

To clear you up chuck, the was nothing bought or paid for here, this was a get hooked boat it was FREE!. I am asking at this point the romours stop flying...This boat was done for free and no cost was paid for any of it. TLR and Global Roofing donated all the parts for this boat. Also why do we keep getting of the topic here? Let get her running or replaced[>:]
Old 12-08-2006, 03:55 PM
TLR
Banned

ORIGINAL: 1outlaw

Im sorry guys....I didnt post that i did get the boat running right by running a different prop...Precciate all the advice

Looking here you got the right prop? What prop are you wanting to try?
Old 12-08-2006, 04:14 PM
TLR
Banned

Default RE: 1 twisted hammer

ORIGINAL: misshydro

Hay is that mopar plum crazy purple? Nice job!! But later you need to add graphics to break up the purple alittle bit. Go with the 1996-99 mopar deep purple pearl!! That on the miney vans.
The color of the boat is Dupont Chrome Illusion Candy Grape...2005 Dodge Neon color. If you want the paint code pm me.
Old 12-08-2006, 05:37 PM
1outlaw

Default RE: 1 twisted hammer

This offer was made to Jason when he first received the Hammer back and there was shipping damage, but Jason said no I will fix it.
Ummm no you did not.....I told you of the damage you said to file a insurance claim.I said i thought i could fix it.You said to make sure it was given a good toss since its now surface drive and then you said you hope he liked his twisted hammer....Thats the exact conversation word for word.....Until yesterday i hadnt had any communication with you!!!

Although James i respect your post but please make sure you get the facts straight.

Now if anyone wants to offer me a trade for a new Nitro hammer for this one im game.....I believe my 8yr old son needs something that is trully RTR....The frustration in set up isnt fun in his eyes..
Old 12-08-2006, 07:55 PM
RedBullVegas

Piper, if you have YIM, give me a non public way to contact you please.
Old 12-20-2006, 09:22 PM
2manyhobbys

outlaw sorry I havent been to the lake in a while maybe we will see you there sunday missed the crew last sunday glad to see that you are getting the hammer to handle better I sold the BJ26 like the TC31 much better
Old 12-20-2006, 09:28 PM
andrewhendler

Maybe you should send it to james for some shiny parts and a
motor stamp