Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Nitro Boats
Reload this Page >

1 twisted hammer(update)

Notices
Speed - RC Nitro Boats For all your rc nitro fuel burning boating needs.

1 twisted hammer(update)

Old 11-22-2006, 09:50 PM
1outlaw

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1 twisted hammer(update)

This is my sons boat that was done by T.L.....Havent run it yet so will post resulst after Sunday.

Old 11-22-2006, 09:58 PM
wave waker

Default RE: 1 twisted hammer

nice[sm=thumbup.gif], how about turn fins?..like the hardware in there...what radio box ur using?
Old 11-22-2006, 11:49 PM
misshydro

Hay is that mopar plum crazy purple? Nice job!! But later you need to add graphics to break up the purple alittle bit. Go with the 1996-99 mopar deep purple pearl!! That on the miney vans.
Old 11-23-2006, 01:01 AM
Scorpio145

Nice 1outlaw. I love the colour! and no colour is not spelled wrong...I am Australian
Old 11-23-2006, 06:09 PM
ryan_t888

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

That is really, really cool.

Great Work [sm=thumbs_up.gif]

Ryan
Old 11-23-2006, 07:22 PM
Believe It
Banned

nice. definetely looks like plum krazy purple.

what concerns me is how deep that water pick-up is. talk about drag
Old 11-24-2006, 05:05 PM
1outlaw

I have no idea what purple it is....Like i said it was all done by twisted liquid for my son.....I wil post how it does Sunday night after it gets run by us....[8D]
Old 11-24-2006, 07:11 PM
GRANT ED

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks good. What engine and pipe is that? I'm in the middle of fitting an OS 18 to my hammer but am awaiting some parts from tower [:@]
Old 11-26-2006, 02:17 PM
1outlaw

Well the boat doesnt run worth crap....Surface drive is a joke on this boat...Cavitates real bad in turns and hooks for unknown reasons...Just out of the blue it will hook in the turns...I thought it might be my sons driving but i tried it and did the same thing twice.....Boat actually appears to be slower now and definantly handles worse.....Oh well my sons B-day gift is ruined.......At this point its last hook caused it to flip and now everything is drieing out.....Now the question is what to do with it???...
Old 11-26-2006, 02:28 PM
wave waker

ORIGINAL: 1outlaw

Well the boat doesnt run worth crap....Surface drive is a joke on this boat...Cavitates real bad in turns and hooks for unknown reasons...Just out of the blue it will hook in the turns...I thought it might be my sons driving but i tried it and did the same thing twice.....Boat actually appears to be slower now and definantly handles worse.....Oh well my sons B-day gift is ruined.......At this point its last hook caused it to flip and now everything is drieing out.....Now the question is what to do with it???...

sorry to hear that but that thing is way different from stock, that boat behavior is expected to happen,,for cavitation try playing around with trim tabs and for hooking put turn fins might help...it's kinda learn and run...don't worry u'll get the proper tune for the set-up...
Old 11-26-2006, 05:16 PM
1outlaw

Nah....This boat was for a 8yr old kid...He's not having alot of fun when it keeps ending up facing the wrong way...The trim tabs arent going to help the cavitating in the corners...The boat needs a sub surface drive not a surface drive....I tried putting the strut as low as it would go but didnt help...Im sure turn fins would help the spinouts but your still stuck with the cavitation problem.......It will probably be e-bay bound soon.....My son wants a BMX helmet and new BMX jersey instead.
Old 11-26-2006, 05:59 PM
ryan_t888

1Outlaw,

Could I ask what prop you are currently using on your sons boat? And also the prop angle according to the horizontal?

EDIT: sorry, forgot to ask if the boat sounds like it is revving as much as it would when stock? Or is it revving slower/faster.

Ryan
Old 11-26-2006, 07:09 PM
1outlaw

The prop looks to be a 535.... Twisted Liquid sent it back with that prop on it.....I was told the boat was real fast but needed a good toss due to cavitational problems but there aint a toss thats going to help the cavitating in the turns.
As far as trim angle its set at Negative trim....And yes the motor is revving higher and the boat is slower...My guess is it has a alot of prop slip....I trully think this hull isnt made to be surface drive...Sub surface would alot better IMO
Old 11-26-2006, 07:36 PM
ryan_t888

I would try and increase the diameter of the prop used. I would go for something around 37mm, I believe the 535 is 35mm in diameter? LOL, it would make sense. Maybe stick with a 1.4 pitch multiplier? You could always get those cheaper Carbon Fiber props to experiment with. I'd tackle the slippage problem first before anything else.

I'm a real big fan of people who spend the money to make a RTR boat in to something cool/worth looking at and I understand the process can be frustrating. But I don't want to see this boat end up sold or on eBay.

Ryan

Old 12-07-2006, 01:30 PM
RedBullVegas

Default RE: 1 twisted hammer(update)

Post did not comply with RCU rules.
Old 12-07-2006, 01:45 PM
1outlaw

How do you figure the boat was free????....I paid for the boat and sent it to T.L.....Do you think they just gave me a boat???..I dont think so.
Old 12-07-2006, 01:48 PM
RedBullVegas

Post did not comply with RCU Rules and Regulations.
Old 12-07-2006, 01:54 PM
ryan_t888

Please try this before getting rid of it. Prop selection is key in any boat. You can never have too many props in your prop box. And also CF props are really cheap for experimenting.

Almost any boat can be converted to surface drive!

ORIGINAL: ryan_t888

I would try and increase the diameter of the prop used. I would go for something around 37mm, I believe the 535 is 35mm in diameter? LOL, it would make sense. Maybe stick with a 1.4 pitch multiplier? You could always get those cheaper Carbon Fiber props to experiment with. I'd tackle the slippage problem first before anything else.

I'm a real big fan of people who spend the money to make a RTR boat in to something cool/worth looking at and I understand the process can be frustrating. But I don't want to see this boat end up sold or on eBay.

Ryan
Ryan
Old 12-07-2006, 02:05 PM
Ron Olson
My Feedback: (1)

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

Try swinging a bigger prop on it before selling the boat as with the surface drive you need something bigger than a 535. try one in the 37 or 38mm area. What's happening is that the prop is cavitating because it can't grab enough water and it gets worse in the corners as the prop is being lifting higher then.

If anyone is trying to purchase the boat, please do it out of the forums, not where I can see it or else I'll have to delete it. That's in the RCU rules.
Old 12-07-2006, 02:13 PM
1outlaw

Im sorry guys....I didnt post that i did get the boat running right by running a different prop...Precciate all the advice
Old 12-07-2006, 02:19 PM
ryan_t888

So what prop are you now using? Is it faster than stock?

Ryan
Old 12-07-2006, 02:20 PM
unclecrash

Im running a x442 on my Wild Thing with the .18cvr its haulin might try abit more
Old 12-07-2006, 02:31 PM
1outlaw

I went with a 435....Personally i think the boat is about the same as far as speed....It really doesnt like to turn it doesnt cavitate as bad as it did...I just believe this hull doesnt like the surface drive...Im going to play with some more props but i wouldnt recommend this for a small kid....The boat unmodified is easier for a small kid to run since it can come off plane and get going again without a good toss....The boat has to have a really good toss or it cavitates real bad...The strut is as low as it can go...Maybe more props testing will fix only time will tell....
Old 12-07-2006, 02:55 PM
unclecrash

I would go bigger yet like I say mine is lovin the 442 boat is 24in 2-1/2pound with the surface drive set level it looks like mine is actually a bit higher out the water with no cavitation at all. I wonder if the negative angle could be shoving the nose of the boat to the water causing cavitation. Is the balance right?
Old 12-07-2006, 03:26 PM
ryan_t888

ORIGINAL: 1outlaw

I went with a 435....Personally i think the boat is about the same as far as speed....It really doesnt like to turn it doesnt cavitate as bad as it did...I just believe this hull doesnt like the surface drive
Isn't that pretty much the same diameter prop as the 535? You need to increase diameter so your prop pushes more water. Pitch controls speed while diameter controls thrust.

I would throw on a 38mm prop and see what happens.

Ryan

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2023 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.