Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Nitro Boats For all your rc nitro fuel burning boating needs.

SK Daddle

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2006, 11:41 AM
Flabum

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SK Daddle

A co-worker has built a SK Daddle. He is modifying it to look like his old drag boat and has a few questions. The hardware kit that is meant for the boat is for a .40 size engine, it incorporates a below hull strut and rudder for sub-surface setup. The hardware also include a solid shaft which puts the prop at a downward angle instead of parallel. He wants to substitute the .40 with a rear mounted Fox 1.20 Twin (basically two .60's put together) that he has and utilize a V-Drive from Hy-Performance products. I think he's nuts and will wind up with a nose-diving boat if he even gets the engine running .

So, the questions are:

1: How will this boat run with a solid straight shaft running at a downward angle?

2: Does anyone make exhaust headers for the Fox .60/1.20 Twin?

3: What is the shortest tuned pipe available?

4: Better suggestions for a drive system. (sub surface desired)
Old 11-23-2006, 11:25 PM
Ron Olson
My Feedback: (1)

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts
Default RE: SK Daddle

Yes, he's nuts but don't tell him that I said that!
He can use hardware from other companies that will work for the boat as the Dumas hardware is, well, junk. The choices wouls be Speedmaster, Octura or Aeromarine as these can be used for either surface or sub-suface uses.
I would use another engine besides tha Fox as it's not for marine use unless he wants to fry it right away.