Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Nitro Boats
Reload this Page >

New Member Welcome

Notices
Speed - RC Nitro Boats For all your rc nitro fuel burning boating needs.

New Member Welcome

Old 11-28-2006, 03:33 AM
Mystikal8885

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Member Welcome

Hello everyone, my name is Brendt and I am getting out of trucks for a while to start 1/12 and 1/8 Hydroplane racing. Hope to have my first 1/12 Nitro Hydroplane before the year ends and 1/8 Miss Elam for summer '07. I'm stuck between choosing a new 1/12 Miss Bud which I may be getting a deal on and a new Miss Vegas. Any recommendations would be helpful since I know alot of improvements have been done over time.
Old 11-28-2006, 03:54 AM
unclecrash

Default RE: New Member Welcome

Hi Mystical welcome to RC Universe. Seems lots of people are buying the Vegas up. Tower Hobbie is out of stock. Dave
Old 11-28-2006, 06:56 AM
Hydro Junkie

Received 125 Likes on 119 Posts

I hope you're not looking at the Pro Boat Elam Plus to race with in the 1/8th scale class. The 1/8th scale class runs strickty nitro with .65-.67 sized engines. I would recommend the Miss Vegas rather than the Bud/Llumar/Elam 1/12th scale boats. The Vegas is better built, requires less modification to get it to run right, is faster and costs less
Hope I'm not raining on your parade, just trying to save you some money and hassle. Welcome to the forum
Old 11-28-2006, 08:00 AM
piper_chuck
My Feedback: (12)

Welcome to RCU Brendt. Since you live in GA, you are in IMPBA District 13. Their web site is: http://www.rcmodelboaters.com/ . Bobby Halliday, the district director, is a great guy, feel free to contact him if you've got any questions. Another great guy is Stan Sova, the D13 1/8 scale director. It would be good to talk to him about scale boats. Their contact information is on the D13 web site.
Old 11-28-2006, 12:34 PM
TIA

Welcome aboard Brendt! There's tons of reading here! Have lots of fun!