Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Nitro Boats
Reload this Page >

Just a warning!!!

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Nitro Boats For all your rc nitro fuel burning boating needs.

Just a warning!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2006, 02:01 PM
1outlaw

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just a warning!!!

Hope fully this wont get pulled...I am just trying to warn people about some actions of a paticular company.
Twisted Liquid is banned from here but enough people here may try to do business with them so i think its a good idea to warn them about there business ethics....I have had nothing but problems from them...I was lied too repeataly about when my Vegas would be shipped and when the Hammer would be shipped.....I was told every lie imaginable....I was even told once that my sons boat would be shipped on a Monday and never arrived to have T.L. IM me and tell me they took it racing in Fl.......To cover that lie later they said it wasnt my sons boat but a clone of it...But even after that i still didnt recieve the boat till 3 weeks later. When i purchased the Vegas it was lie after lie that it was shipped...Then they lost my address to there was a mixup and they sent it to the wrong person and it was sent back....When it finally arrived a almost 3 weeks late the controller was missing.And i was sent the wrong turn fin and the wrong prop.
I sold the boat along with all the T.L. stuff back to them but i forgot the charger...Told T.L. i would get it out ASAP...But what happend is my girlfriend was to mail it out and it didnt happen..In the mean time we broke up and being a single father things got hectic without her at the house...So i forgot about the charger well i get a really nasty IM from T.L. stating they wanted a refund...They disputed the paypal charge.....I agreed to pay for they charger and reimburse them that amount..As i cant get the old charger back from her till she comes from Tampa to pick up the rest of her stuff.....I refunded the exact amount but apparently thats not good enough for them....And by the way im not a business like they state...Im a individual....Any way im showing you a copy of there e-mail to me below....I really hope what i have went through with these people will help others....Good luck to all of you!

This is not my refund, and I will persue this till I get my refund. We are making internet fraud charges today and will make your action aware to our customers and others. Doing business in your manner of threating me is not acceptable by no means, and we are seeking legal action against you and your business for damages. Now you can post away about us....we are copying everyone..

Thank You,

Customer Service
Twisted Liquid Racing LLC
316-871-1248
cs@*******************.com
http://www.*******************.com

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Charger
Date: Thu, December 07, 2006 10:20 am
To: Twisted-Networks <cs@*******************.com>

Protect Your Account Info
Make sure you never provide your password to fraudulent websites.

To safely and securely access the PayPal website or your account, open a new web browser (e.g. Internet Explorer or Netscape) and type in the PayPal URL (https://www.paypal.com/us/) to be sure you are on the real PayPal site.

PayPal will never ask you to enter your password in an email.

To learn more about protecting yourself from fraud, visit the Security Center. Click "Security Center" on the bottom of any PayPal page

Protect Your Password
You should never give your PayPal password to anyone, including PayPal employees.

Dear Twisted-Networks,

Jason Mcpherson just sent you money with PayPal.

Jason Mcpherson is a Verified buyer.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Payment Details

Amount: $15.49 USD

Transaction ID: 5G7899727F5223514

Subject: Charger

Note: Im refunding you the amount of the charger.

View the details of this transaction online

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you for using PayPal!
The PayPal Team

PayPal Email ID
Old 12-07-2006, 02:05 PM
1outlaw

Default RE: Just a warning!!!

Oh yeah by the way....i didnt threaten anyone...I told them by there actions of threatening me was only opening up old wounds as i had dropped all this and hadnt posted in nearly 2 weeks....It really wasnt worth my time to bash anyone...But there behavior should be public if they are to be dealing with people on the net..
Old 12-07-2006, 02:13 PM
bign

Thanks for the tip bro, I was about 2 days away from placing an order with this company. I appreciate the time you took out of your schedule to inform us on the way they handle business. I will be looking else where for the boat i had in mind.

thanks again partner i to am purchasing a boat for my son. I would like to think that when i pay for it, it is for him not for someone to take out and race and then box it up and send it to me. my boy will take care of the test running on by himself thank you!!
Old 12-07-2006, 02:25 PM
1outlaw

Please let me clarify.....The boat they went to race was a boat i sent them to modify...Not a new boat from them...The point in that was...They told me the boat would be here in time for my sons birthday then it never showed and supposedly they took it racing instead of too me where it should have been...And it wasnt here in time for my sons birthday as they told me it would be...It took another 3 weeks of lies for it to arrive..
Old 12-07-2006, 02:43 PM
bign

Thats kinda like you dropping your car off at the mechanic to get it fixed. Then when he fixes it , he takes his family on Vacation in it, lol..
Old 12-07-2006, 02:48 PM
ryan_t888

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

1outlaw,

This is not the first time I have heard someone explaining what happened to them while doing business with TL. I have heard four stories including yours, that were very similar. Each situation involved a very unhappy and frustrated customer.

I don't understand how a company so disorganized would believe they can be successful. What they have done to you and many other customers is absolutely ridiculous and unprofessional. The last e-mail you have received from TL is just outrageous.

I am very glad our mods have taken this guy off of our forums. He made himself look good by offering lots of advice over our threads while using it to advertise his corrupt business. If I'm not mistake, our mods also received threats from TL.

Posting this thread is very helpful in my opinion. This kind of information NEEDS to be shared.

Ryan
Old 12-07-2006, 03:46 PM
1outlaw

Ryan this is just a small piece of it....Believe me i have about 30 e-mails and numerouse IM conversations saved between me and T.L.....Man if i could publish all of them people would really see what they are all about....I have them saved in there timeline to show every lie they told and every lie they told to cover for the lie before....I really and trully tried to give them the benefit of the doubt but after this im done.....To threaten me the way they have even though mine was a slight mishap and i owned up too and took care of immediatly.....For them too say that i was fraudulent is ridiculouse...I really hope after people read this they see the real frauds..
Old 12-07-2006, 04:02 PM
ryan_t888

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

ORIGINAL: 1outlaw
I really and trully tried to give them the benefit of the doubt but after this im done .....To threaten me the way they have even though mine was a slight mishap and i owned up too and took care of immediatly.....For them too say that i was fraudulent is ridiculouse...I really hope after people read this they see the real frauds..
To feel the need to give them the benefit of the doubt is unnecessary. TL is a business, they should have to give you the benefit of the doubt. Customers are always right, no matter what happens. TL should have done everything in their power to make this situation right, but they have failed. And they have failed terribly!

If it was me, I would try and get this information read everywhere possible to avoid another happy boater from experiencing poor business. Eventually TL will have to shut down, the scary part is they may restart under a different name.

Ryan
Old 12-07-2006, 04:24 PM
piper_chuck
My Feedback: (12)

ORIGINAL: 1outlaw

Ryan this is just a small piece of it....
And on that note, I'm going to lock this thread. Emails and PMs are private communications between two individuals and they should stay PRIVATE. While it's valuable to share both positive and negative experiences with a company, public bashing, sharing of private communications, etc is not in anyone's best interest. Whether this situation is a simple mistake, ineptness, or fraud, is not an appropriate topic for discussion here. All businesses, including TL, want to provide good service, but sometimes something goes wrong. When that happens, the appropriate course of action is direct contact with the place they got it, not public bashing.

In closure, let's remember that there are real people on the other end of those emails, PMs, telephone, etc and that they're trying to make $ to feed their families.