Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Nitro Boats
Reload this Page >

U Joint fix for Black Jack 26

Notices
Speed - RC Nitro Boats For all your rc nitro fuel burning boating needs.

U Joint fix for Black Jack 26

Old 12-17-2006, 10:52 AM
bign

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default U Joint fix for Black Jack 26

Ill keep it short and Sweet, lol... Im completly new to the water propped boats, never owned one before.. I ended up gettin a Black Jack 26 and ran into some trouble on he very first run. The U joint Kept destroying itself. after ordering 3 new shafts and breaking 2 of them i went a different route. The kit comes with a New shaft without a U joint. installs in just minutes and has solved all of my problems !! here is a pic of what i did

i have some Video of the boat performing if any are interested

Old 12-17-2006, 11:27 AM
gooycheese

Default RE: U Joint fix for Black Jack 26

Yes Please post video I would love to see how it runs

Thanks Paul
Old 12-17-2006, 12:44 PM
bign

ok ill be honest ...... This is almost as much fun as an airboat !! ...I keep wanting to go back to the pond an put her in the water , lol.

Still no broken shaft and the Break away rudders work well also, lol i tested them with a little dry ground running, lol.. shes not hurt though I got some pic of the boat ill post as soon as i get them off my camera, im editing the vid now, so ill have them up soon. Man this boat is impressive..
Old 12-17-2006, 02:00 PM
bign

here are a few of the pics , this new camera is taking forever, I hope the vid doesnt take this long, lol

hope you like the pics

ill have more pics and a vid up soon, depends on how long it takes to upload, lol.. I may sneak back down to the pond and run her again before it gets done, lol.
Old 12-17-2006, 05:12 PM
tuslow1

The setup you have on your BJ is what I have in mind for mine. I've been looking over every website I can to find it, without luck.. Who makes it and did the rudder combo line up or did you need to redrill the holes??? I'll tell you I really like running the BJ but 4 shafts later, I was starting to hate it...
Old 12-17-2006, 06:18 PM
bign

rudder shaft lined right up, it was so simple it was difficult, lol.. im still workin on the vid ill post it as soon as i can
Old 12-17-2006, 07:54 PM
wave waker

Oooppss! sounds like u'll be hooked with boats....nice boat mod!![sm=thumbup.gif]..looks better than the stock,,,just wondering how will perform without turn fin...
Old 12-17-2006, 08:41 PM
bign

ORIGINAL: wave waker

Oooppss! sounds like u'll be hooked with boats....nice boat mod!![sm=thumbup.gif]..looks better than the stock,,,just wondering how will perform without turn fin...

It performs just like this

http://www.rcuvideos.com/view_video....1f99a4d5096ffe
Old 12-17-2006, 08:50 PM
gooycheese

That is really nice, good job on that mod it looks really good.

Paul
Old 12-17-2006, 08:54 PM
bign

thanks bro, i really like this boat, and now that im not replacing shafts its actually fun to drive,
Old 12-17-2006, 11:59 PM
Ron Olson
My Feedback: (1)

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

If you ever think of it or get brave, I'm curious as to how the boat would handle without the turn fins. Generally Cat's don't need them but at the same time have skegs on their struts.
Old 12-18-2006, 05:56 AM
hyper701

nice boat bign, i also have air boats and have wanted a nitro boat for about 4 months now, i did heaps research on lots of different boats, and went with the vegas, it should be here this week (just in time for holidays), i cant wate to hit the water next week[sm=thumbup.gif]
Old 12-18-2006, 09:01 AM
bign

ORIGINAL: hyper701

nice boat bign, i also have air boats and have wanted a nitro boat for about 4 months now, i did heaps research on lots of different boats, and went with the vegas, it should be here this week (just in time for holidays), i cant wate to hit the water next week[sm=thumbup.gif]

got some Airboat buddys in your neck of the Planet bro, Are you Tricking your Vegas ?
Old 12-18-2006, 09:56 AM
asmithnc

I too run all ariboats. Now, after seeing this I will have to buy on. The upgrade is top notch and it handles like a dream. Are there any more upgrade you are going to do or is it good enough.

I would like to see a video of the ground break away rudder test. I need one for my airboat as the pic shows.
Old 12-18-2006, 10:23 AM
bign

lol, looks like you have the first Break away Transom , hehe For now i like the way this boat handles and it has great speed. The extra money im saving on Shafts is nice, lol.. I may upgrade to a bigger engine if possible, This boat is alot of fun, but If it can go faster i will make it do so !! lol
Old 12-18-2006, 11:13 AM
Believe It
Banned

ORIGINAL: Ron Olson

If you ever think of it or get brave, I'm curious as to how the boat would handle without the turn fins. Generally Cat's don't need them but at the same time have skegs on their struts.

not that same boat, but my cat handles perfectly without turn fins or a skegged strut. I was doing full speed hard turns with the OPS motor in it and it wasnt even trying to spin...just turned and went where i pointed it.
Old 12-18-2006, 07:23 PM
wave waker

have u tried gps'd or radar'd it?...time to mod for more speed...i would try the dynamite .32 the motor used in tc31, blackjack's bir bro....
Old 12-18-2006, 08:34 PM
bign

all the speeds i have are recorded with GPS
Old 12-18-2006, 09:35 PM
bign

she will Squeeze out 40+ fastest she has gone is 42 and some change, just running the stock engine with a custom cut 535 prop, i cant imagine how fast she will go with a Bigger engine have to get another prop cut for that wouldnt i ?
Old 12-18-2006, 09:50 PM
piper_chuck
My Feedback: (12)

ORIGINAL: Believe It

not that same boat, but my cat handles perfectly without turn fins or a skegged strut. I was doing full speed hard turns with the OPS motor in it and it wasnt even trying to spin...just turned and went where i pointed it.
Same for mine with an OS .81. Unless it's running in rough water, I can hold full throttle all the way around the course.
Old 12-19-2006, 04:47 PM
BigSlick

Nice Bign, interesting post. Those turn fins don't look stock either. For an airboat guy you sure know your stuff!! Or atleast where to get it...
Old 12-19-2006, 06:27 PM
BigSlick

I took mine off and put it back right away. You lose all turning ability. Now that was stock, don't know if this new skeg strut will make a difference, but I'm pretty sure this design haul will always need turn fins. Although from Bign's video it doesn't look like speed is sacrificed much...
Old 12-19-2006, 07:57 PM
cyclesoul

bign, you havent mentioned anywhere where you bought this kit for the black jack. Im sure a lot of people would be interested to know where you got it from!! It would fit alot of other boats too!
Old 12-19-2006, 08:27 PM
wave waker

ORIGINAL: bign

she will Squeeze out 40+ fastest she has gone is 42 and some change, just running the stock engine with a custom cut 535 prop, i cant imagine how fast she will go with a Bigger engine have to get another prop cut for that wouldnt i ?
this is interesting speed...beside mod prop and inline drive is there any other mod u didn't mention?..kinda curious coz i'm running tc31 the big brother of bj26 and as far as i can remember i'm only getting 40 mph and of course +/- 1 mph for accuracy,,,ur speed will probably smoke all tc31 in here...
Old 12-19-2006, 09:37 PM
gooycheese

Yes I think the 40+ sounds a little much, unless this boat doesnt have a stock motor. Stock the 31 inch thundercat with .32 dynamite wont do 40mph ya need to mod a few things to get that speed. If the manual for the blackjack is correct your boat is way to heavy for that engine to do that, the Thundercat is 6 some pounds. It just sounds kinda funny this boat is doing 40 plus and the boats with bigger engines and in the vegas case lighter with bigger engine cant do that with just a prop. Im not gonna say anymore, just find it hard to swallow.

Specifications
Total length............................................ ..............................................26 in (660mm)
Beam.............................................. .................................................. ..11.5 in (287mm)
Engine..................................DYN .15 Marine w/Tiger Drive and Tuned Exhaust
Radio System............................................ ...............................Pro Boat AM 27MHz
Weight............................................ .................................................. ......6.3 lb (2.8 kg)
Fuel Tank Capacity.......................................... ...............................12 oz (0.35 liter)

Paul

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2023 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.