Notices
Speed - RC Nitro Boats For all your rc nitro fuel burning boating needs.

Introduction

Old 12-22-2006, 03:28 PM
SpikeX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Introduction

Hey, I am new to the boating world (I am experienced in nitro R/C cars) and I am looking into getting a nitro boat. Do you have any suggestions? I have an electric Ripmax Interceptor 650, but it is worn out and tired.

Thanks in advance.
Old 12-22-2006, 03:38 PM
saleens7

Default RE: Introduction

a Shockwave 36, Thundercat 31, miss vegas, nitro hammer, Blackjack 26, and nitro vee are all pretty good....

also, if your willing to go electric, the super vee 27 is a good choice, and it comes with a brushless motor..

i have the SW36 and i got to say its pretty good, but youll need to get a new flex shaft as the one it comes with tends to break..
Old 12-22-2006, 04:04 PM
Raylon

I would stay away from teh Blackjack 26 unless you enjoy buying a new driveline to replace the old. I have a Thundercat 31 and it has served me real well. Quick, turns nice, stable. Flips though if you catch a big wave. Other than that is is solid.
Old 12-22-2006, 07:57 PM
cmiller73

ORIGINAL: Zelatio

I would stay away from teh Blackjack 26 unless you enjoy buying a new driveline to replace the old.
There is a fix for that PM me and I'll let you know. The video may still be up in the BJ ujoint thread.

Also, no one mention the Pro Boat Hydros(Miss elam- Miss LLumar). I have 2. 1 mod, 1 stock(redoing now)
Old 12-22-2006, 08:14 PM
misshydro

The reson why nobody menthing the Proboats Llumars Elums or Miss Buds because They cost more money and there slow.I should know,I got one!! The only way you make them go faster is put a .21 in them!! Like I'd done!!and some of the other guys had done too!!If you love hydros and want a fast boat thats cost under 270 get a Miss Vegas.Miss vegas is desighed by Jerry Dunlap who's on this sight all the time and help some of us new boaters here.
Old 12-26-2006, 01:46 AM
SpikeX

Thanks guys. I quite like the AquaCraft Miss Vegas. Is there anything I need to know about this boat, any tips /comments / critisicm?
Old 12-26-2006, 02:17 AM
ob nut
My Feedback: (1)

If you want tips on making the Vegas faster, look at the thread [link=http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_4361937/tm.htm]Making the Vegas Faster[/link] Considering there's over 1500 comments, 40,000 views, there has to be something in there to help you out...
Old 01-11-2007, 02:47 PM
SpikeX

Can I use the Spektrum DX3.0 from my HPI Savage X (car) on this boat?
Old 01-11-2007, 06:44 PM
cyclesoul

yes mate you can. I use one in my savage and in my boat, using the 3 model memory and the bonus reciver that came with my system.
Old 01-11-2007, 06:57 PM
dougaldy

With all things being considered, I would have to agree with the TC 31. I have a friend who has this boat and he hasnt had one problem with it. Out of the box, the boat is fast and needs minimal tweaking. You can look in the ad section here and find them once in a while for about 200.00 bucks, which isnt a bad deal. Before you buy, do your homework and look into all options. Something will come available.

Scott
Old 01-11-2007, 10:23 PM
toyotatruckin

TC31 is a good boat to start with no big problems out of the box..cheap mod to do to it is ditch the 215 prop that comes with it and get a p225....faster than the vegas out of the box handles better to, left and right turns at full throttle and its wide open to mods....price is higher......RTRs are great to start the hobby with and when you want to move up to performance boat youll have an idea on how they work trust me250- 350$ priced RTR is far cheaper than building one and then not liking rc boats......
Old 01-12-2007, 12:01 AM
Hydro Junkie

Received 125 Likes on 119 Posts

I hate to say this, cmiller73, but the Pro Boat hydros are not a good boat for a beginner and never have been. The poor quality of materials, workmanship and design makes them a money pit that chases a majority of the new boaters away from the hobby. If Horizon had put the development time into there products like Aquacraft did with the Miss Vegas, I'd lay odds that there wouldn't be near as many on Ebay. It's really bad when the skin bends at the slightest touch, the radio box leaks and(in some cases) actually had holes in them as well as flexing when a servo was activated. Also, the room between the stuffing box bushings and the solid shaft just screams "REPLACE ME", as does the stamped skid fin and plastic rudder. I will admit, they have gotten a little better, but not enough to justify the price.