Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Nitro Boats
Reload this Page >

Upgrade advise

Notices
Speed - RC Nitro Boats For all your rc nitro fuel burning boating needs.

Upgrade advise

Old 12-23-2006, 06:18 PM
Xcool

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Upgrade advise

Well i think its finally time to retire my Traxxas Nitro Vee, I had it for 4 years now, and wanted to know what is a good step up from this boat.
Old 12-23-2006, 06:59 PM
r/cmark42
My Feedback: (8)

Default RE: Upgrade advise

I had a Vee for about the same amount of time. I then went into tunnell Hulls. I enjoy building so my first tunnel kit was the dumas hot shot sprint with an O.S. 3.5 outboard. Been having a ball ever since. Now I have built a Grim Racer Nemisis and hope to have time to put together a Villian this winter.
If you prefer ARF's try the topspeed 2 by aquacraft, I have heard some great things about it..
Old 12-23-2006, 07:28 PM
Ron Olson
My Feedback: (1)

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

This is the hard question, what would you like to have next? Are you looking for a RTR boat or do you want to try your hand at building? What style of hull makes your heart beat a little faster? Is there a price range that you'd like ot stay around?
Do I ask too many questions?

I go through all of them same ones every time that I want to start a new build.
Old 12-24-2006, 11:29 AM
Xcool

I always liked the deep vee design and I would like to try my hand at building one this time around. Also I would like to stay below $500.
Old 12-24-2006, 05:55 PM
piper_chuck
My Feedback: (12)

When you say building, do you mean fiberglass or perhaps wood? If you're willing to work with wood, your budget would probably be able to cover building the Wild Thing. Look for some of the build threads here. The plans are available here: http://www.rcboatmodeler.com/RB/plans/fspb1000.asp

This is a great boat which could be built with a sport .21 as a fun boat, or if you choose a more potent engine can work well for racing.