Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Nitro Boats
Reload this Page >

My new boat need some questions answered

Notices
Speed - RC Nitro Boats For all your rc nitro fuel burning boating needs.

My new boat need some questions answered

Old 12-27-2006, 05:42 AM
nitro bry

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My new boat need some questions answered

My new boat
I brought it off ebay £24 what a bargain it is a Mack 1 with a Thunder Tiger Pro 21R

I need some questions answering

1. How does the servos fit into this boat (do you have any pictures of the way they fit)
2. How does the canopy (top) screw down (do you have any pictures of the way it fits)
3. Fitting the rod to the accelerator

I use the same engine in my r/c cars, how does this engine perform in this boat
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Mk25569.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	85.9 KB
ID:	584308   Click image for larger version

Name:	Lg16445.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	72.6 KB
ID:	584309   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ot47728.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	74.9 KB
ID:	584310   Click image for larger version

Name:	Le92934.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	79.8 KB
ID:	584311  
Old 12-27-2006, 10:39 AM
Ron Olson
My Feedback: (1)

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts
Default RE: My new boat need some questions answered

That looks like the old MRP Mirage which was the same as the Seebold Bud Light hull. The only changes were the supplied decals. The price was lower because you got less decals and they didn't have to pay royalties.
Somebody had their own way of doing the linkage setup but it was so long ago since I had mine, I'm not a whole lot of help.
The OB isn't bad but it's not a speed demon though. A little piece of advice, don't ever mess with the low-speed needle. There is a gear redution in the lower unit so you start this engine the conventional way so you don't have to swap around the starter wires like we do with other outboards.
Old 12-27-2006, 05:46 PM
iowapiper_rcp

If ever you are serious about making that motor compete with the speed demons of today, let me know. I have a guy that makes the TT a killer motor, but im letting you know, that boat probably wont handle it, nor is it for the faint of heart, or the new nitro guy. Knowing how to tune is a MUST with a modified motor, or it is very detrimental. Anyhow, let me know, and i personally like the TT motors. I think Ron knows the boat i am talking about, I do belive he has seen videos of it.
Old 12-27-2006, 06:32 PM
nitro bry

This is the first boat with a outboard engine i have had and i know nothing about the setup.

I am currently running a popey's cat with a modified zenoah 26 and a warehawk with a mac 10, the mack 1 is just a project to get running and mess around with.

All i need to know now is how the throttle linkage is set up
I have used cable wire attached to it but dont know if it will work

When i set it up with the outboard staright, when it turns to the right its pulling the wire and when it turns left it has slack in the wire, how do i do it, does it need a spring attached so when it turns right it then uses the spring and when it turns left the spring opens taking the slack

Any ideas
Old 12-27-2006, 08:41 PM
piper_chuck
My Feedback: (12)

The key to the throttle cable on an outboard is to secure the cable housing to the engine. It's very similar to the way the cable is done on a bike.