Notices
Speed - RC Nitro Boats For all your rc nitro fuel burning boating needs.

Trim Tabs

Old 01-21-2007, 08:35 PM
wakemaker

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trim Tabs

Has anybody tried Trim Tabs On the Miss Vegas? Would they work or do any good?[&:]
Old 01-21-2007, 09:31 PM
Hydro Junkie

Received 130 Likes on 123 Posts
Default RE: Trim Tabs

In short, they would have absolutely no positive effect. You have to remember that the mounting location would be the boat's transom. In the case af all properly running hydros, the transom is above the water and not in it. Since the transom area is supported by the prop and, in the case of the Vegas, stabilized by the rear wing, trim tabs would be just added weight in an area that would be detrimental to the boats performance.
Old 01-21-2007, 09:36 PM
gooycheese

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Trim Tabs

If your boat is chinning or lifting out of the water then I would guess you have your prop angle wrong, I haven't seen any hydros with trim tabs. I believe a hydro is meant to have most of the boat out of the water, so the trim tabs wouldn't really help. This is just my opinion some others here will have more practical experience.

Paul